“Thank You ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Was supposed to go to harvester at the weir with family, very reluctantly as I had a bad experience with rude staff there over 6 years ago. Apparantly I was banned for negative trip advisor post.
Came straight here alone.

Rang order in. Arrived and warmly welcomed by Marie front of house. My first course was ready with a glass of water besides. Hot fresh perfect whitebait beautifully presented by chef Marcus.
The small paella was huge and divine.

This little place never ceases to impress me. No matter who is on duty, lunch or evening, any day. Especially today. The marked contrast between chain and family run. No contest, it's laughable. Suffice to say, visit and enjoy, the highest recommendation.

Thank you for setting the bar so high on standards and your innate customer service. I look forward to coming back.

1  Thank 3Turn

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Having heard some very good reports from work colleagues and freinds, we decided to drive up the A127 from Upminster to give this a go. Well we were not dissapointed, We knew it was going to be a good night when, two of our party who had forgotten their glasses who were clearly struggling with the menu were given a big stein glass full of reading glasses, nice touch, and quite amusing. I have to say the service we received was second to none, the lady who seemed to be the manager run a really tight ship, and everything just flowed. The food was to die for (we went for the Set Meal for 4), which was plentiful and delcious. What I would say is if you are looking for a quiet night, then this is probably not the place for you (I cannot comment on what it is like on other nights of the week, but I am guessing the weekends are lively). All in all after spending a thouroughly enjoyable non rushed few hours, we left full, and slightly tipsey. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank ChrisnStevey
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Very warm and friendly welcome. Quite spacious and relaxed ambience. The chairs were hard wooden chairs which became very uncomfortable after a while.

We placed our order but despite the place being only about a third full (midweek) we waited 45 minutes for our starter to arrive. This was too long for us. The starter when it arrived was a simple dish of Aubergine Salsa Brie on bread so we don't quite know why it took so long to prepare? However, it tasted really good and the portion size was generous too.

We ordered a variety of mains and side dishes see photos attached. Without doubt the star attraction was the Carillera Artesana de Teruel which was free range black pork cheeks cooked in a garlic and sherry sauce which were incredibly good. The mains all tasted very good. The sides too were delicious and especially the saffron potatoes covered in a creamy saffron sauce. Very moorish.

We had desserts of Creme Brulee and New York cheesecake. The brulee was just as they serve it in France so ticked every box. The cheesecake was also very good.

I have to say we were impressed overall and plan to return to try some of the other dishes on the menu. We left very happy with the food. The staff are great and we will return.

1  Thank Just_a_Giraffe
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Had a lovely meal here recently to celebrate a family birthday on a Friday evening. The staff were great, courteously, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. One of our party was a vegan another a vegetarian and 2 had food allergies. All were very considerately catered for. The prices are reasonable.
Later on the dj started and there was a really good atmosphere. It became very busy. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I celebrated my 60th birthday at Marcos last year . The food was great and the staff very helpful and accommodating. They also allowed children in the front part for a while too which was so nice to be able to do. Myself, friends and family have had several brilliant evenings there too and hopefully will be there for New Year celebrations this year. The live entertainment and dis ha e never disappointed. Would definitely recommend Marcos.

1  Thank s0uthy61