Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Priceline
US$152
View deal
travelup.com
Expedia.comUS$159
Booking.comUS$152
All reviews novotel twin waters lagoon suite activities offered hotel rooms are king suite mini golf family weekend deck chairs great resort checking in great for families games room seafood buffet dinner car parking stayed nights relaxing stay water trampoline
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2021

Poor communication, room wasn’t ready at check-in, wrong room assigned to us (even after checking the week we travelled via phone to make sure we had booked the right room due to confusing website when booking multiple rooms. and paying extra when we hadn’t and being assured it would be fine on the day) We had an event to attend so it was particularly annoying to not have the room ready on time.

Just overall a really frustrating experience. No follow up on complaints. The pool is being renovated so not in operation.

Date of stay: November 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Warwick Kahl, General Manager at Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2021

Good afternoon Emily,

Thank you for your feedback and your time for sharing it with us , check in is from 2pm at the resort and I note that you received your rooms keys at 2.25 pm from your initial arrival at 1.45pm.

Ensuring that I have reviewed with the team where we failed to meet your expectations, I have spoken with our Rooms Division Manger who assisted you with your rooms request for adjoining rooms on arrival and also assisted with compensation for the issues you encountered in refunding your paid upgrade fee.

Again Emily my sincere apologies for the areas we failed to meet your expectations, please be assured the team works hard to deliver on our guest requests.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2021

If your car - like mine - lacks a GPS you may find it as difficult as I did to get to this Resort but once you are there you're very much "at home". From the majestic, soaring atrium strangely reminiscent of upmarket Fijian Resorts with a great emphasis on natural woods to the super-efficient check-in you just KNOW you're dealing with well-trained professionals. We had an Executive Twin for our 2-night stay. It was very spacious, well appointed, with a state-of-the-art walk in shower, two king beds and more pillows and cushions than were necessary and a well-appointed (and stocked) tea/coffee-making facilities. Our ground floor room opened on to an alcove with two comfortable chairs overlooking the remains of the swimming pool (undergoing a major refit) and was an easy two minute walk to the restaurant and bar. It was for us a much-needed touch of class! And the blackout curtains certainly ensured a good night's sleep.

1  Thank mccorquinn
Reviewed 30 October 2021

Was a fantastic family stay with my toddler and baby, and my parents in a connected room. Though was a bit disappointed the pool was under maintenance and would have been perfect for my crawling baby to play on the shallow sunbaking water bed, as we could have booked 1 week earlier and been able to use the pool. Will be a great resort once all renovations are done.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Warwick Kahl, General Manager at Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2021

Good Morning Crystal88liao,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent family stay and welcome to Trip advisor.

Please be assured that I will review your comments with the team in regards to advice about the resort pool refurbishment as all guests were sent an email advice notifying of this over this time, my sincere apologies for this impacting on your stay.

Over all I am pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay , the tam look forward to welcoming you all back again in the future.

kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2021

Don't try to contact or speak to them - they will ignore you. Unfortunately for us we flew in for a wedding and was committed on arrival to attend function. The front of the resorts makes you think wow, but wait until you hit the suites (that's what we booked) epic fail out of date, noisy aircon, no room phone, kitchen tired and worn, '1990's wanna be', aircon set at 21 and unable to reduce, requested fan and it was filthy. Room change due to noisy aircon was provided - 2nd room faired no better.
On check out spoke to reception who acknowledged that we were placed in the un-refurbished side - lovely - the rate did not reflect refurbished or not! - I think that was the side the All Blacks were staying in, lucky them. The gent at reception was not interested in idle chat (ie and I was dismissed as there was something more important on the computer). Disgruntled yes all I wanted was acknowledgement and a sincere apology.

Date of stay: October 2021
Warwick Kahl, General Manager at Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2021

Good afternoon Ulla,

Thank you for your feedback, I am truly sorry that we did not meet your personal expectations during your recent stay.

You are correct the resort is progressing through a refurbishment of the rooms and public areas which is receiving fantastic feedback from our return and new guests, again please accept my apologies you did not experience this on your recent stay

Please be assured that I will share and workshop your feedback with the resort service team to ensure that where required improvements are made on our guest experience, again my apologies for this impacting your stay.

Again Ulla , thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future, until then safe travels.

Reviewed 21 October 2021

This place opened in the early 1990s and the rooms certainly show their age. The reception and restaurant areas were updated in 2019 but don't let this fool you - very few of the rooms have been upgraded. Our King suite was old and tired with a noisy aircon just 3m from the bed - definitely not worth $300 a night. Look for better value elsewhere in the Maroochy area.

Room tip: Wait 5-10 years for the 'planned' room upgrades
Date of stay: October 2021
Warwick Kahl, General Manager at Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2021

Good Morning Brett,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

You are correct that the resort is continuing to under go a major refurbishment.

To date half of the resorts 373 rooms have been refurbished with planning underway to complete the other half of the resort rooms to bring them into line with our new rooms.

The lobby dates you have commented on are correct and currently the resort pool is undergoing a major renovation which will add to the already beautiful surroundings of the resort to enhance or guest enjoyment.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the future to enjoy our new resort assets.