“Excellent Dinner and atmosphere”

The Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Breakers
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Iconic restaurant with stunning views over the water, dining on the new dock over the carribean sea or in the comfort of the A/C Patio overlooking the ocean.Creative menu featuring fresh local seafood, Italian cuisine with home made pastas, home made bread and desserts. Private wine cellar with over 150 different wines from around the world and able to sit for lunch or dinner 20 people.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Everything we had was delicious.
We started with a tomatoe bruschetta, which was a free appetizer and was excellent. We ordered the bread basket, the Focaccia was the best I've ever had, so delicious.
Next came the Fritto Misto which was also very good. The calamari and conch fritters was excellent and the dipping sauce, a slightly spicy sweet and sour, went perfectly with it.
Finally we had the lighthouse signature dish for two. It was a huge prawn, a nice lobster tail a grilled piece of wahoo and swordfish. We each got one piece of each fish. The potion was very good sized and I was pretty impressed. The only thing I would say that would have improved it is if each piece of fish was prepared differently. Both the swordfish and wahoo were seasoned the same. It was nice to taste the difference between the two however, due to the seasoning, it was a subtle. I would have preferred they be prepared with different seasoning.
Otherwise it was an excellent meal and I felt the price was pretty fair.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We ate at the Lighthouse restaurant on June 8, 2017. It doesn't look like much from the outside but reminded us of the Parent Trap remake inside! The servers were dressed in sailor/Navy looking uniforms and the interior was like the interior of a ship.
The tables are beautifully set with nice heavy flatware and crystal glasses. We were trying to minimize our cost since there are 5 of us. The chef sent out a complementary appetizer of tomato crostini. We ordered the bread basket....oh my! it was incredible! My 8 year old had the chicken strips. The other 4 of us ordered pizza. We each ordered one....I think the girls could have shared one! they were plenty big for 2 light eaters to share. The pepperoni was yummy! Similar to California Pizza Kitchen in the states. The sausage pizza my daughter got was not as good....she said the sausage wasn't seasoned well.
Wish I had a piece of that pizza right now! Yum!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We try to dine at the Lighthouse on each of our Cayman trips. We feel it is worth the price of admission and are never dissatisfied. I recommend them without reservations.

Our group of 8 dropped in without a reservation and enjoyed a great meal. We ordered many different items from the menu and all were fabulous. The seafood was fresh and tasty, the lasagna was perfect for my 16 year old, the steak was described as one of the best he had ever had and the curry seafood was spicy but not overwhelming. Lobster over ravioli was tasty and the desserts were decadent.

Morritt's provided a 10% off coupon for the meal from the concierge.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Love the Lighthouse Restaurant....worth the drive every time. Fabulous staff, great food, a very special place.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

My husband and I are staying at Sea Palm Villas in Boddentown, so we thought we would enjoy a nice dinner at The Lighthouse, 3 miles away. No reservation needed this time of year, and we were promptly greeted and seated at a table inside overlooking the water. After we ordered our appetizer and entrees, we were brought 2 complimentary bruschetta with goat cheese and tomato...and a basked of very good focaccia. no need to pay $5 for the bread basked listed on the menu. We ordered the appetizer special, seared scallops over potato pancake with spinach and sauteed mushrooms. The spinach and mushrooms were very good, the potato pancake a bit mushy under everything, and the scallop just ok. My entree of spinach and ricotta ravioli topped with jumbo shrimp in marinara sauce was pretty good, although the jumbo shrimp seemed overcooked and chewy. My husband had the blackened swordfish, was fine..served with grilled vegetables. We decided against dessert. The bill was $145 US, which included 2 glasses of wine. We did notice they automatically added a 15% gratuity, so be aware! The setting is nice, and is convenient for those staying on the east end...but I would not make a special trip. A table near us ordered a pizza, and that did look good! And cheaper...