“Absolutely ...get a rondoval suite!”

Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rodney Bay
Reviewed 13 March 2011

All I can say is that our trip was way too short. Sandals Grande beats all other Sandals in St. Lucia. Our rondoval suite looks exactly like the picture. The beach was perfect; no seaweed just white sand. Our favorite restaurant for service and food is Toscaninis...hands down.
We had butler service with our suite and it was well worth it. We did nothing...Ms. Giselle did everything from drawing a bath to bringing us our favorite drinks on the beach.
We did take the helicopter ride from the airport because we wanted our vacation to start immediately after taking a 4 hour flight. I definitely recommend it. (trip advisor recommended)
All in all I don't have a bad word to say about the place. Go!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fitandfab432
Write a ReviewReviews (7,047)

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Sandals was an amazing place to stay. The people were so friendly and were always willing to go the extra mile. We booked an excursion through Island Routes. Pearl and Bella were the experts on all of the trips. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our tour guide was Nilon. He was awesome! Can't wait to visit the island again. No problem. No pressure.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawgwood
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband, brother-in-law and his wife travelled together. We arrived on 2/14/11 and departed on 2/23/11. The trip there from Atlanta was on Delta and no food other than peanuts was available. For a plane with 150+ passengers, the flight attendant said they only had 10 sandwiches (this was a 4 hour flight). Arrived at St. Lucia airport and the luggage attendant acted like he worked for St. Lucia--took our luggage about 75 feet and stacked the bags--then essentially demanded a tip. Rip off. The shuttle to St. Lucian Grande was a long ride-over 2 hours as we had rush hour traffic to contend with. Arrived at the resort--very friendly workers greeted us. We at at Bayside--terribly slow service and food was not good. Very disappointing. Room was just okay--nothing great. Looks somewhat dated. Internet service is 42.00/week--terrible service and they credited the charges as a result. We had an oceanfront view--it was okay too, but the grounds were dirt covered and the air conditioning units were noisy and ran constantly outside. They were surrounded by a wooden fence but visible from our view on the 2nd floor. The dirt covered area was large and unattractive. They have security guards 24 hrs. and one of them decided to relieve hinself while I was on the balcony in the early morning. Again, all of the employees were very friendly and service-oriented. The food was good after the first disappointment--but stick to seafood as the beef and pork are tough. We had trouble getting a shaded area to use (i.e. an umbrella or cabana) as these are in short supply and guests get up very early to reserve them--it's first come first serve. We were given a cabana for 3 days however at my request as I have a skin condition that requires avoiding sun exposure as much as possible. The vendors do not cross the fenced off area, but do approach you on the beach. We very much enjoyed the beach barbeque grill and had one other similar meal served outside that was great. My husband was sitting on a metal chair (high seating) and the leg broke. He is not an overweight individual. The swim up bar was fun. The pools are clean and enjoyable. Would I return to this location? No, it takes too long to get there and the shuttle was a pain. Then you have to do it again when you leave.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

This is our first trip to St. Lucia, and the Grande, and we have visited many other resorts, and we found the Sandals, Grande St. Lucian to be just a superb expereince, the quality of the reseort, the rooms, the food, the staff, the location. It was worth every penny spent, and we will return, only this time for a longer stay, as there was so much we didn't get to see or expereince.
Our only down ws that our travel carrier got us to the resort a day late, and our luggage was lost for a day, nothing to do with Sandals Grande St. Lucian.

Any one who wouldlike to expereince a truly relaxing and superb expereince visit Sandals Grande St. Lucian.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonctonMoon
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Sandals the first week of Mar. 2011. I did my research before we went and wasn't expecting the world by the past reviews that I read on blogs. We also won this trip through my wife's work so I couldn't complain with a free trip to a great island. Overall the resort is nice. It's not in the newest condition but it makes the grade. The service at the front desk is not the best. They really don't care about your needs and are quite rude when you request anything out of the normal. The food was okay I would say the breakfast is the best but other than that it's just okay. There is a resturant that is on the resort that I heard was really good but you have to pay extra to eat there which is weird but I guess that is why it's good. The beach is great and very nice. It is though kind of weird that the resort does let a few ventors come through to try to sell you stuff. I would rather not be bothered or feel guilty on buying some crapping gifts. The people on the island and the rest of the stuff besides the front desk are very nice. Most of the employees seem to enjoy their jobs and are quite nice. Overall the resort is nice but not 5 diamond like they says. If I was paying top dollar at this resort I would be pissed because is not 5 diamond. If you can get a room for around $500 a night go or it because at least you get free drinks and most of the food is free. I would spend anymore money per night because of the lack of some services and condition of the hotel. The people on St. Luica island are great people and the island is great.
Enjoy your trip

1.8 km away
Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa
15.7 km away
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!