Sandals Grande vs. Sandals La Toc..... We just got back from staying at both of these Sandals resorts in St. Lucia. We stayed the first 4 nights at Sandals Grande, and then moved over for 6 nights at Sandals La Toc. This was our first stay in an all inclusive resort. My first suggestion is that if you like cruises then you will like Sandals, but if you want a more Caribbean style vacation stay somewhere else. Sandals is nothing more than a giant docked cruise ship.
As for the resort itself. Sandals Grande is a nice resort with a great beach location. We are travelers that love to splurge so we got a Beach Rondoval. While the Rondoval was very nice, it is extremely small for what you pay for. What you are really paying for is beach access at your back door. The pool, jacuzzi, and hammock in our back yard were amazing, except for the fact that your neighbors can see right into your back yard. There is absolutely no privacy whatsoever in your backyard. There is also no privacy if you leave your blinds open, which is what I assume everyone does, since you have an ocean/beach view. There is security gurards walking around at all hours right outside your window and backyard. It gets very annoying. The price for this room is not worth what you get!!!!
We also splurged for a Millionaire Suite when we moved to La Toc. Now this room is absolutely amazing!!!!!! This room was worth every penny, and it costs a lot to stay here. There is no doubt that the Millionaire Suite at La Toc is the best room you can get at either resort. I will post my review of this room under La Toc reviews.
The butler service at the Grande seemed good until we arrived at La Toc and realized that the butlers were awful at the Grande.
The food was average at best here. It reminded us a lot of cruise food. It was a big disappointment to learn that food is only served at certain times, unless you get room service or pizza. The candlelight dinner on the beach was very nice, and I recommend it for sure. Gordon's on the pier was a nice dinner place, but you must have a butler/concierge room to book here.
There were activities planned for the guests each night. Our favorite was the movie on the beach. We watched in lounge chairs on the sand. The other activities they have are a chocolate buffet, casino night (NOT REAL MONEY), and dancing. Nothing too great.
We did have an issue with the Butler's or housekeeping stealing $300 cash out of our room, and YES it was locked inside our safe. We made report with security and they never even called us back like they promised. The funny thing is that the night we made the report to security, we saw the security officer playing blackjack at the local casino. I am sure he found our money and was pressing his luck =)
I would NOT recommend this resort for couples that have been married for multiple years, and/or couples that appreciate the best quality for what they pay for.
I would recommend this resort for honeymooners, and there are plenty of them there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort