We have just got back from 10 days at Sandals celebrating my husband's 60th birthday, we had a great chill out time but this is not a 5 star property. On arrival we were set down at the entrance and made our way in, a member of staff came to show us to reception where there was no one on duty, he wandered off then came back, we were told nothing when being shown to our room, I have stayed at quite a few 5 star hotels and have never been treated like this. Our room was very nice but again no 5 star finishes like robes, slippers, not even shower cap, ear buds or cotton wool not even a sewing kit!!!!!!
Saying this the staff are wonderful especially the playmakers, Neville the Devil was a star who always made me laugh, Crystal, Webster were lovely and always had time for a chat. The bar staff worked like troopers all day and night and we loved the BBC's which were delightful, you can have as much wine and champagne as you like but never make the mistake of ordering a bottle as you have to pay for this. Food was good but desserts weren't that good with the same most of the time but must have a rave about Toscanini's it is lovely, great food and delightful breakfast all waiter service and the staff in here were first rate and very professional. When I went to book up for the night of my husbands birthday I told the lady it wasmy husbands birthday and she didn't take any notice, which I found very rude but just put it down to maybe she was having a bad day.
One thing that I must say is that the manager should stop the saving of sun beds as people put a towel out and sometimes they are not even used, I haven't come across this at hotels for years, I thought this was a thing of the past.
Would strongly advise anyone to go on the Simon Says excursion as this is the best trip I have been on for a long time, snorkelling, mud bath and waterfall plus a very good lunch at Simon's home, all in a lovely speedboat, great day out.
All said and done St Lucia is a lovely destination and the people are lovely but Sandals is definitely not a 5 star property but would give it a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort