We stayed in a beachfront rondoval from 9/7-9/14, and as soon as my husband and I walked in the room, we knew it was the perfect choice, it was absolutely beautiful, with a plunge pool, jacuzzi, hammock, and a patio gate that lead you right onto the beach.. With that alone, we were in heaven.
Our butler, Giselle, made everday special for us, champagne, cooler of beer, with lunch served to us on the beach, stocked bar, snacks and platters left in our room. Never ending surprises...
The day of our 25th anniversary, Giselle made sure it was a day we would remember forever.. We came back from our couples massage, and she had the front door decorated, flower petals leading to our sunken tub filled with bubbles, champagne, cooler of beer, cookies, fruit platter, and love songs playing in the cd player, flower petals leading to the bed, that was decorated with "Happy Anniversary to You", balloons and palm leaves. There was a delicious chocolate cake with decorations on the coffee table, and another platter of finger foods.
We were so toouched..
The Resort was clean and beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly, always greeting you with a big smile.
We thought the food was great, and even had lobster at the returning guest dinner. The pools were really nice, although we really didn't spend much time in them, we are more beach people. We played pool at the billiards, and enjoyed the evening entertainment.
There was always something to do.
We went on the Simon Says tour, and really enjoyed seeing and hearing about all the different areas of St Lucia. We saw some amazing views on the drive from Gros Islet to Soufriere. Went to the bananna plantation, snorkeled between the pitons, drive in volcano and a relaxing mineral bath,. His wife made a delicious buffet lunch, for us, back at his house. We had a great time and would highly recommend this tour.
We booked an ATV tour through John of Serenity tours. Again, we saw some amazing scenery along the way. He also gave us a great deal on a cell phone rental. We had the opportunity to sit and speak to John for a while, what a great guy. We will not hesitate to call him again, when we return to St Lucia.
We visited Pigeon Island, next door to the Grande and saw some breathtaking views, as well as learning the history of the Island.
$5 per person, entrance fee.
We were pleasantly surprised, that the locals who walk the beach at the Grande, were very curtious, friendly and not pushy at all. If you didn't buy something from them, they still wished you well and told you to enjoy the rest of your stay.
We took the helicopter transfer, when we were leaving to go home, and it was well worth it.. Amazing experience...
Everything at the Grande, exceeded our expectations, in so many ways. We had the time of our lives, and loved everthing about our stay.
We look forward to returning to St Lucia and the Grande..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •301 room, 17 acre resort combines historic British & French flavor•Pigeon Island, home to our annual St. Lucia Jazz Festival, combines historic British & French flavor that unfolds at Sandals•Offers exotic island & international culinary temptations at seven dining options •Ocean & beach view accommodations •Caribbean Sea•A lagoon swim-up pool where guests can swim right up to their patio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa And Beach Resort
- Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Hotel Gros Islet