1,758 results
All reviews kids club activity pool main restaurant relax pool waiter service swim up bar evening entertainment crepes entertainment team italian restaurant swim up room water park golf buggy a la carte restaurants aegean restaurant ice cream adventure bbq
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

So glad we came back, entertainment team is 100% improvement from last year, very friendly team, always on hand to help,shows were spectacular and very talented team, very hard working team. Naomi, Gaby, Kieron, Siobhan, Katie, Rosie, Adam, Vicki thanks for making a great holiday for us and the kids x

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank reflobster79038006
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a family break and had a great time. Whilst i did get a bit stir crazy as the place is literally in the middle of nowhere, the wife and kids were very happy taking advantage of the multiple activities within the grounds. Personally, i would have appreciated some sort of shuttle service into Kefalos as a taxi was around 20 euro for a single 10km journey so not really a cost effective option. You could book trips out with TUI but as always these were also well over priced.

The room and grounds were spacious and very well kept. Although the village is large there was never am issue getting hold of one of the onsite taxis (golf buggies) to get you from A to B. The pools are superb, and the kids loved the small waterpark.

The food was okay, i appreciate it must be difficult to mass cater for so many people from different countries and there was plenty of choice. Favourites were the greek taverna and the bbq. The Chinese restaurant is in theory a nice option but none of us really liked it. Maybe just not what we're used to back home. I also couldn't quite understand the need for men to wear trousers for dinner. It was made clear before we went and it is quite common in european hotels, however I cannot understand how a nice pair of shorts and a shirt can be worse than tracksuit bottoms and a vest, which were strangley acceptable under the dress code. The AI drinks menu was as good as any I've seen, especially the cocktails.

The entertainment was pretty good and we enjoyed a few of the shows. They certainly put an immense amount of effort in and the kids loved it.

The best thing about the hotel was the staff, who to a person could not do enough for you. They were all amazing and hard working.

The other thing that i missed was a bar to watch the football. I would imagine most people would be quite to escape Sky Sports for a bit but hey, British blokes abroad!!

So although i have a couple of gripes, its nothing that i didnt know before i went and based on how the hotel positions itself it more than exceded expectations. If you like an AI holiday where you are happy to stay in the hotel and take advantage of the pre paid food, drink and activities you cannot beat this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 31 May 2018

What can I say, this hotel was amazing and gave me and my family one of the best holidays ever.

Before I start; If you are booking with TUI, make sure you don't pay them for a late check out. I was charged £196 for a late check out, which gave me extra 6 hours. I later found out I could have arranged this locally with the hotel for 65 euros, so be careful.

The coach transfer took about 10 minutes to get from airport to the hotel. We were greeted with a warm welcome, and given sandwiches and some sweets for our daughter. They offered to watch our luggage so that we could get a drink before going to our room.

We had a twin seaview room, with a sofa bed for the bairn. The view was amazing, looking out over the bay toward Kefalos. The room was really clean and modern looking, and kept clean and tidy throughout the holiday. The views around the site are amazing all over, even the architecture is striking.

As you would expect, the location is quite remote, but you can get a bus to Kos town for about 5 euros per person each way (didn’t pay for 4 year old).

The hotel is quite large and will keep you fit if you walk everywhere (like we did), but there are plenty of golf buggies moving around the site for you to hop on to and they will take you were you need.

During the day we would usually stay around the activity pool. There was music playing all day (sometimes a bit too loud), and there are 2 sessions am/pm of activities by the Animation team (who were great). The activities included darts, beach volley ball, yoga, aqua-fitness, water volley ball, water polo etc. The water park was a good addition to add some variety, it’s a quick walk along the beach or just jump on one the golf buggy’s that leave every five minutes or so.

There were bars all over, so easy to find a drink. The bars always had bottled water and good range of beer and wine. The cocktail list had plenty to offer.

There are plenty of options for food. There are al carte restraints which you can book on to once each per weeks holiday (Greek, BBQ, Italian and Chinese). I would recommend going to all. There is a booking APP to book your tables, but I could see a time that suited me, so went to guest relations and they got me the dates and times I required. The is plenty of variety of food with the buffets. I read some peoples reviews saying there isn’t much variety, but the only thing I can think is they eat every dish on offer at each sitting….

The restaurant / bar staff and waiters were always very friendly and couldn’t do more for you. I would particularly like to thank Tomi at the pool bar and the waiters at the theatre Bar.

The animation team (entertainment team) offered the daily activities mention above and also put on the shows on the evening. I never got to see a full show, but what I did see was entertaining, I think they put a lot of effort into putting the shows together as I could hear them practicing in between doing the shows and providing the morning and afternoon activities. I think they work long hours, in fact I think all the hotel work extremely long hours and don't have much time off. I saw the same staff there every day I was there for 10 days, so well done for smiling and looking so happy all day.

I spoke to a lot of other guests who had returned to this hotel again. I think I will be one of them (well if TUI refund some of the over charged price I paid for the late checkout!)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank TheSunKing80
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Very impressive, beautiful place, perfect staff, fabulous restaurants and food, clean beyond clean, very well looked after.
Kids areas monitored by lifeguards, on site splash park amazing, with bar and food. There are bars and refreshments everywhere, no wrist bands here... car hire on site, bus to Kos, Beach and watersports perfect. From the moment you enter the Village till you leave you couldnt ask for more 5* .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mel W
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Very isolated hotel, which we knew about but does this give the hotel the right to truly rip you off in the shop on site. The hotel just seems to want every last penny out of you, also never had to pay €65 to keep a room on for 6 hours, that was extortionate but needed for the kids.

Food ok nothing to shout home about, have had much better food in 4* and even 3* hotels in the past. Also in the evening if you insist on men wearing long trousers instead of shorts in the restaurants, perhaps look at some sort of dress code, blokes in adidas tracksuit bottoms and a vest top in my opinion is not smarter than a person wearing tailored shorts, shoes, and a shirt.

Entertainment hit and miss, early in season so would hope it becomes better and more consistent for the summer.

Bar/waiting staff very good and helpful, same can't be said of the admin and TUI reps.

Hotel grounds very nice and spacious, as was our balcony and room.

Kos airport is perhaps the worse airport I have ever been to. Nearly an hour to get cases at baggage claim on arrival, and departing was nearly 2 hours to get through check in and security.

Won't be rushing back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank SimonLeeds1981
MBN847, Sales Executive at Blue Lagoon Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear SimonLeeds1981,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing Blue Lagoon Village for holidays.

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with some aspects in the hotel. Regarding the food we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied. We offer various restaurants to accommodate all tastes and needs with a wide range of dishes to choose from, hopefully you visited also the themed restaurants during your stay.

Regarding the dress code policy, we apologise if this caused you any inconvenience, but it is the hotel policy and it is clearly stated on our website and in all tour operator sites and brochures. We do appreciate your comments and we will take this into consideration.

We are glad to hear that you liked the service and the hotel grounds and your room.

We thank you again for your comments and wish you all a lovely summer,

Yours sincerely,