La Marlotte(Bourron-Marlotte)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$158
US$153
Hotels.com
La Demeure du Parc(Fontainebleau)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Aigle Noir Hotel(Fontainebleau)
US$143
US$136
  • Room Service
Ibis Chateau de Fontainebleau(Fontainebleau)(Great Value!)
US$77
Book now, pay at stay
US$130
US$119
  • Room Service
All reviewsbeautiful groundsthank godother guestsnext morningroom was spotlesstop floorspoke englishtrain stationfresh fruitbreakfast roomfamily dogcroissantsthe real thingcourse mealworth every pennymoat surroundingup market
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Visited in middle of October in glorious weather. Chateau beautiful; superbly renovated; immaculate condition; not over-formal; very welcoming. The real deal! We're looking forward to returning in 2018

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HILARY P
estrella1, Propriétaire at Chateau de Bourron, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you so much for those words wonderful, we are so glad you did like our wonderful chateau, we are longing to see you in 2018, if weather permitting you will be able to play tennis on the clay court!
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Le Chateau de Bourron is amazing! Stayed last week for 2 nights, for my wife's birthday...Guy and Estrella made our stay most wonderful and amazing! The little village of Bourron is charming and Martingo restaurant, about a 100 step walk from the grounds was so wonderful. We walked and rode bikes on the grounds, and read about the history of Countess Estrella's family and how the Chateau was founded. Wonderful and highly recommend staying. Very easy to get to, and would recommend a driver (Uber worked great for us), vs. train. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did and yes, we will return!

Room Tip: Get the Superior room that looks out at the main courtyard and entrance...wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
estrella1, Propriétaire at Chateau de Bourron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

I am glad you did enjoy your stay at château de Bourron, thank you for those words so kind, next time you will be coming you will be able to take an electric car ZOE for going around in the country side and being totally independent.
We are longing to seeing you again

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We turned up at dawn, without a reservation. The count showed us different rooms and we chose the one beautiful room on the top floor! The room was spotless, charming and decorated with plenty of love for details! Very large and comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom, great view! Unfortunately we had to leave very early the next day and therefore skipped breakfast. Desicion made: we will be back. With the children. And will not miss out on breakfast next time!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
estrella1, Propriétaire at Chateau de Bourron, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you so much for your sweet word, we will be very glad to have you with your children, they will be able to ride bicycle in the 42 hectares park.
We are longing to seeing you again

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I have to feel sorry for the count and countess - some of the reviews I have read are ludicrous and unreasonable. Our stay in the castle was perfect. Room spotless. Beautiful breakfast in stunning room - worth every penny - croissants, fabulous cheeses of exceptional quality , fresh fruit, and the bread was phenomenal. The count gave us time to answer questions about the chateau and couldn't have been more hospitable. I wish him and his family every success - he deserves it. (Ps even the dog was friendly).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
estrella1, Propriétaire at Chateau de Bourron, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for those sweet words, i am glad you like the place so much
Many thanks
I hope you will be able to come back soon
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a comfort room in the newly renovated cottage, I.e., the cheapest option. However, at 212 euros at night including breakfast for two it is not exactly budget priced. For this price one expects some luxury. Whilst overall the experience was good,and we enjoyed the extensive grounds, for us there were some negatives, which detracted from the luxury experience. Firstly, whilst the free wifi is highly promoted, we did could not get satisfactory reception in our room. It was only marginal in the public area outside the room. Secondly, there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room, and whilst tea and coffee are available in the breakfast room, this is in the main building some distance from the cottage. Thirdly there is no safe. Fourthly there is no TV. Fifthly there is no fridge or minibar in the room.

In summary, the expectations are up market but the experience is a little disappointing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
estrella1, Propriétaire at Chateau de Bourron, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I am glad you had a good experience and that you enjoyed the extensive grounds.
I am so sorry you were disapointing for the few point you listed, you would have asked us and we would have found a solution as I told you, I am always at you disposal if ever you need something. The free Wifi is really high speed because there is the fiber to the Home. Sometimes, for reasons I still don't understand, few computers can encounter slow speed in case of problem of fire wall, you would have told me we should have found a solution. You told it to me the day of your departure but it was to late! As far as tea and coffe making facilities you were definitly right, we have now a new Nespresso machine, so you will be able to take benefit from it for your next coming. As far as the safe is concerned you didn't have guts, the safe was under reparation as far those material are brand new it is still under guarantee, you would have tell me it was important, I would have proposed you a change of room. For the fridge I should have tell you there is one at your disposal in the common room. As far as TV is concerned there are no TV in the rooms because there are so many things to discover in the park, in the village and in the surroundings. For us no TV is a guarantee of new liberty and we want to share it with our guests.