“Excellent place!”

Taverna dei Briganti
Reserve with
Taverna dei Briganti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Subbiano
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tipical tuscan restaurant. Ancients recipes and km0 products.
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We went here with my wife and parent for a evening meal. The roof top terrace is a nice place to be. In regards to the food, it was great with ample portions. Service was very friendly and cozy. They also offer decent wines. I would go again if ever in the area

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Been there after my wife, who recommended it. I expected some simple, good stuff, but was astonished because of the care and the attention put on the preparation of the dishes. Traditional food from the Arezzo area, yet with a twist of innovation. Try the ravioli amatriciana, as an example, or any of the wonderful desserts or pasta dishes that Demi prepares and Maurizio presents. The crostini are also excellent, so as the main courses. All in a simple and warm atmosphere that adds to the pleasure of dining there. I returned there, and will do it again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

There are a few places one comes across in life, where you know you belong, you feel you are home. Demi, creating amazing dishes in the kitchen and Mauritio welcoming and caring for each guest, creates an experience that not only satisfies the pallet but also nourishes the soul. For an unforgettable dinning experience, you can not go wrong when you choose Taverna dei Briganti "Padre" Don

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended by our b&b and we absolutely loved it. We went back the next day again for dinner.

Staff is warm and friendly and you possibly can't go wrong with anything you order. The first night, husband and I both ordered ravioli stuffed with potato puree. He had the ragout with Parmesan and I had truffles and it was mouth watering. The pasta was delicate and the truffles tasted so fresh!

The next say we had the 'Stinco' which is the pork bone. The waiter cut it with a spoon to show us how tender it was. We ordered the large (1.2 kg) to share and we ate all of it! Dipping the meat with the sauce and then eating the fine cut potatoes marinated in the sauce was to die for!

Ordered a dessert, which I can't remember the Italian name, but it was strawberries with I think merenque and cream. Pair with the local red wine and you're in heaven!

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Muaritzio and Demi are wonderful hosts and made us feel most welcome. The venue is quite basic however provides for homey feel. The food is traditional to the region along with being plentiful consituted good value. We enjoyed their hospitality so much that we had dinner there twice. The first night we both had the speciality - fresh porcini mushrooms with home made tegliatteli. This was a tasty meal complimented with their in expensive house wine. The second night we decided to share an appetiser as recommended by Demi - it was different cuts of procicutto accompanied by several types of bruchetta and some local cheeses. The appetiser itself would have been enough for a meal for an average appetite but as the food was so good we pigged out. I had the special again and my husband went for the pork and chestnut stew with beans which was reported by him to be every bit as good as the special. No room for dessert. It was two enjoyable evenings spent in an authentic neighbourhood restaurant in Capolona. A must visit if in the area.