US$98
Riverside Lodge(Sharnbrook)
US$97
All reviewswedding receptionciro and his teamamalfi suitewedding venuewedding breakfastamazing weddingblack tiefunction roomlarge roomsunday roastone night staywaiting staffcar showguestsvesuviobandcars
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Our secretary booked the wrong date for our check in but they quickly adjusted for the problem and upgraded us to bigger rooms. The staffs make me feel like they are there to help. They are eager to serve, friend and energetic. Room is clean and comfortable. The decor may need some work in the minor sense where some of the crack is not closed up but have no effect on the functionality of the room. I had risotto for dinner and I did not like it but to be fair, I don't like risotto if it is made correctly. Gelato is excellent in terms of texture. Will stay there again if I travel to the region. The location is in the middle of nowhere so it is very quiet and nice.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank jade k
Reviewed 8 December 2015

Stayed here a number of times due to the hotels proximity to Bedford Autodrome. The location is just off a main road and easy to get to, regardless of traffic conditions. The Hotel has a bit of an odd layout, but it works ok. The rooms are basic, but functional.

The food menu is extensive, in fact, far too big with about 7 pages of choice. The food is ok, but don't expect fine dining! The breakfast is not bad at all.

In summary, a better alternative to the budget travel lodges & premier travel inns, with a friendly touch.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 18 November 2015

The rooms were all ok...very clean and tidy...the staff were very friendly and accommodating...the restaurant food was ok - not great but not terrible....breakfast was really nice. Great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I cannot actually put in to words the compliments and how highly I would recommend this hotel as a wedding venue!

To begin with Ciro is so unbelievably amazing at his job! From our very first meeting he was more than accommodating he made our every request possible he put us at total ease. I'm Irish and my husband is Italian so getting married in the Sharnbrook and the expectations that were clearly highlighted at our first meeting Ciro was like no problem he completely got us as a couple and he was 100% behind our vision and goals for the wedding. The head receptionist who's name I don't know (I'm so sorry) was amazing at her job I gave Ciro a roomlist of appointed guest for rooms and changed it so many times, to the point I had myself confused and the lady was amazing nothing was too much to ask and completely had a grip on what was going on not one mistake was made.

The night before the wedding I arrived with a damaged cake and stressing out, Ciro told me not to worry he'd have his cake decorator in the kitchen patch the damage and leave it with him again going above and beyond to help me and keep me calm.

The day of the wedding Ciro was amazing phoning me in the morning in my room to make sure I was ok keeping me informed of what was going on. Reassuring me everything was in hand to relax and enjoy myself. He met Carlo and reassured him he couldn't of directed us any better and he completely made the day what it was. Ciros personal touches the whole way throughout the wedding was amazing, brandy for the speeches to calm the nerves, adding an extra place setting on the day for a guest we didn't know was coming. Nothing was too much!! The food was amazing - to feed Italians Italian food and do it with no complaints is some achievement in itself! I can't even explain how highly the food has been spoken about since by our guests! All jokes aside at least three of our guests have said they want to hold their wedding there too!!!

No one ever queued at the bar for a drink at the evening reception and it was a busy bar that was well stocked - always needed at an Irish wedding!

The staff was amazing just throughout the day, they knew exactly what was going on and when. Our little girl had an accident I didn't even see (she had tripped) and I was in the toilet they brought ice a first aid kit a drink, they wasn't asked they'd seen what had happened and followed me in to help!!

I could go on and on but like I said at the top I actually cannot put it to words how amazing this venue is as a wedding venue and I'm a registrar weddings/and venues is something I'm fully aware and have exceedingly high expectations all of which were met and then some nothing was too much, and without doubt every single staff member is a credit to the venue, but Ciro and his head receptionist making everything go smoothly is 100% the USP and I can't recommend this venue enough!! Amazing from our very first meeting to morning after the wedding where Ciro made sure he met with us before we left!!!

Wish we could do it all again!!!!

Hannah & Carlo Ruocco

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Our Wedding was on 10th October 2015 and thanks to Ciro and the team at the Sharnbrook Hotel it was the best day of our lives!
From our first meeting to the day itself the service was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Ciro was brilliant and the attention he gave us amazing. He answered all our questions promptly and made us feel like our Wedding was his top priority. The day before the wedding our cake stand was too small; Ciro assured us not to worry and he would sort it. Next day the cake was all sorted on a beautiful stand.
On the day Ciro, and all the staff, were very professional made us feel so special. Ciro was an excellent Toast Master and kept everything running smoothly. The meal and the evening buffet was brilliant and we received a number of comments on how good it was. All dietary requirements were catered for and the staff kindly heated up food for a disabled guest with multiple allergies. Similarly, a number of guests stayed at the hotel and commented on how nice and comfortable the rooms were. The bridal suite was lovely; clean, spacious and very comfortable. The morning after the wedding we had a lovely breakfast and then had plenty of time to tidy up; the staff offered to help and didn’t rush us at all. We cannot fault a single thing and cannot recommend the Sharnbrook Hotel enough! THANK YOU!! From Mr & Mrs Caves xx

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple