Lowest prices for your stay
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$425
PricelineUS$425
Expedia.comUS$425
All reviews lobster ravioli chef alex fresh cocktails enjoy great food premier suite dive shop fabulous hotel intimate setting master suite restaurant food is highly recommend this property private patio dive equipment own pace common areas water taxi lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

My fiancee and I just returned from a spectacular visit to Ibagari Resort on Roatan. Don Carlos and Dona Ana have built an elegant oasis of understated luxury. The common areas flow beautifully in the open air setting to the gorgeous private beach and have spectacular local art work and sculptures. Luna Muna restaurant is far and away the best in the area for all meals - lobster eggs benedict for breakfast, the amazing Duna burger with jalapeno jam for lunch, fish ceviche with coconut sauce for appetizers watching the sunset, lobster ravioli or grilled octopus for dinner. Chef Alex, Ingrid, the food and beverage manager, and the amazing staff including Ruthie, Harvey, Daniel, Aldo, and mixicologist Jessy provide the perfect balance of expert service and genuine warmth. Pulling the entire Ibagari experience together is Lucas at Duna Dive Shop. Lucas, assisted by Lucila and crew, gave us the best scuba diving experience of my life. I cannot recommend Ibagari Resort and Duna Dive Shop any more highly and look very much forward to multiple return visits

Date of stay: March 2021
Ibagari Boutique Hotel, Marketing at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Dear Jon
Thank you for your complete review, we appreciate each word and how you describe us. We are happy to know that you have a wonderful time with us and with our Ibagari Family. We definitely let them know your appreciation.
We loved the words about our food, a great reason why to stay with us is that our guest has always reserved a table in our restaurant so you can enjoy each meal.
Duna Divers Shop is another reason to be the perfect getaway in Roatan, thank you for dive with us.
We will be waiting for you to visit us soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2021

I cannot say enough about this amazing resort staffed by the friendliest and most professional staff I've ever encountered. The room was perfect, the food incredible, and Duna Divers world class!
I got to know all the staff from management to the world's best housekeepers Sara and Gina. Carlos the owner was also on the property for several days making sure his guests enjoyed a 5 star experience.

Room tip: I had a third floor Master Suite which was perfect!
1  Thank Docpaul9
Ibagari Boutique Hotel, Marketing at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Paul,

Thank you for visiting Ibagari Boutique Hotel and for sharing your review with us. We’re delighted to read that you enjoyed the experience. Your kind words are highly appreciated. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2021

If you could create the ultimate hotel/resort that is intimate (only 8 rooms), perfectly located, with breathtaking views, a killer aesthetic, that has top notch amenities and the best staff in the world, you would create Ibagari.

I just completed my third visit in a little more than two years and love this place. I would have visited again sooner if it wasn't for COVID.

I work in the travel industry and have traveled to many destinations and stayed in many fabulous places, but this is the only place in more than 20 years that I have repeatedly visited again and again. And I look forward to returning asap.

All the rooms are perfect. They are adding on 8 more rooms which all look wonderful. All with great views. The rooms themselves are crisp, modern, comfortable and amazing. Every detail is perfect.

If you love, like, or want to try diving, this is the place. Their dive shop, Duna Divers, which is part of Ibagari, provides the best service and the best diving anywhere. Dive masters Lukas, Lucila, and captain Norlan know their stuff and love to dive and dive with you. You can dive as much as or as little as you want. There's no minimum number of divers required for the boat to go out. On most days I did four dives and on one did a night dive. In summary, I've gone diving in many other destinations, and Duna Divers has genuinely spoiled me.

The restaurant, Muna Luna, not surprisingly, is the best on the island. And everyone knows it. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and simply love their menu, the quality and the flavors. If you're a foodie, you'll love it too. You won't want to go anywhere else.

The staff is simply amazing. Everyone across the board is super friendly, loves their job, and is focused on the guest experience. They are all a special part of the experience.

If you are considering traveling during COVID, no worries. They take it seriously but not for a moment did I feel it impeded on my experience. They'll also arrange for a nurse to come at the end of the day to take your required COVID test (if you live in the U.S.) and have the results hand delivered to you.

What else can I say? This is the place to be.

Room tip: All their rooms are wonderful. If you are traveling with one or two more people and want separate space, check out the new villa.

Dear Thomas,

Read your complete review is just amazing, we love how you describe all the Ibagari Experience. We were so happy to see you again and that you finally made it.
We loved to spoil all our guests and make a unique experience for each one. Thank you for your words about Duna Divers Team, we will let them know your appreciation to them and in general to all our Ibagari Family.
We hope to see you in the close future.
Kindly regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

This is the real deal. I was there in late January / early February for my honeymoon & as world travelers we have very high expectations. Ibagari did not disappoint! From arrival at the airport where we were picked up by a private vehicle to the presence of the staff upon our arrival at the resort, we knew we were in for a wonderful experience. We immediately met their team while our bags were whisked to our private villa. We enjoyed delightfully light and fresh cocktails while touring the resort and relaxed with a savory lunch in Luna Muna.
Our villa was phenomenal - from the gated entrance that allowed for a completely private location to the parrots, geckos, and other wildlife that greeted us, the location was spectacular. The villa has 2 totally separate bedrooms - one with a king bed and the other with 2 queens. The king room has 2 sets of sliding glass doors and the second bedroom has their own set, allowing for separate entrances. Each has beautifully appointed bathrooms and a very spacious dressing area. The king also has a living room to relax. Outside the rooms is a covered area to enjoy the shade, along with a massive decked area with huge loungers for enjoying the sun and heated plunge pool.
We dove with Duna Divers, their on-site dive team, as well as went snorkeling. We did horseback riding, enjoyed the free water taxis into town, drank a LOT on the beach, went for walks, ate exceptional food, played backgammon in the library, met wonderful, wonderful people who bent over backwards to ensure this was our favorite holiday of our lives. I cannot recommend this resort enough, even the owner, his wife, and Paula, our reservation specialist we’re at the resort while we were there and checked on us to see if they could do anything else to make our experience perfect. Even the COVID testing was so easy and fast!! Plus there were only 2 other guests at the resort so we had probably 40-50 staff looking after us. It was amazing! This place is the finest resort on the island and likely in the Caribbean.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel,

We are so happy to read your review, thank you for all your words and kind to us. Every detail that you mention in your review is part of the effort to give the best experience to our guests
Delighted to read that your overall stay with us was enjoyable.
We invite you to always come back!

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

This is a very beautiful hotel
The architecture is simple but spacious and elegant with plenty of space for everything you may need. Bed is comfortable and AC works just fine although it’s split and not a central unit. There is hot water all day and, this includes the diving center for a hot shower at the end of the dive
The owners are art patrons and art is part of the building, more or less everywhere, with some excellent and some less then great pieces, but in total an eclectic elegant look that still maintains its charm and comfort
Food at the restaurant is mostly great. I’d like to give special high grades to the grilled octopus and black paella, that are extraordinary, normal grades to the seafood soup and not so great grades to the lobster bisque
From the deserts the cheese cake is my favorite
The team at the hotel is absolutely great; made my stay pleasant and safe to the highest degree
I have to specifically mention the diving shop team, Luca and Lucille that made possible dives all fun no work ( for me ) taking away all the small and big things one need to do in order to dive that are not part of the dive itself ( changing tanks, cleaning the equipment- even packing it on the last day, etc )
There is no close reef near the beach, but the place is beautiful, cleaned daily, and extremely peaceful. The trees coming almost to the water are a nice add on
In summary, this is an expensive place by all standards, but it’s a place that delivers for the money and beyond and it’s an ideal vacation location

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oaxaca2
Ibagari Boutique Hotel, Marketing at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear Oaxaca2,

Thank you for the complete description of our property. We are sure this will help other guests to know us better. We appreciate your words about our Ibagari family, we are always trying to give a quality service and make our guest feel safe on our property.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel, Duna Divers, and our restaurant Luna Muna.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.