Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
US$197
Travelocity
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$264
Travelocity
Caribe Tesoro(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$175
Travelocity
West Bay B & B(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$611
US$716
1,356 results
All reviewsthirsty turtlevintage pearlgarden cabanacrab racesmovie nightfire dancerslive musiccruise shipwest endlaid backfun activitiesoffice staffcoconut shrimpfishgreat divingspecial thanksthe wait staff
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Bananarama enjoys a perfect location on West Bay Beach; just steps from very good restaurants, shops and some of the best beach accessible snorkeling we've ever found. What makes it really great though is the staff, led by office manager Lindell. We always felt welcomed and well cared for and can't recommend the helpful and friendly people at Bananarama enough.
Also, a shout out to Bulldog security company, Elvin and his partners do a great job overseeing your things and are very nice folk.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this resort for 6 days while waiting to move into a rental house that wasn't ready yet. We don't dive, so I cannot comment on the diving. The snorkelling however is amazing.

But if you're coming to Roatan to focus on diving, this is probably a good option for you since it's affordable, located directly on the beach and has a dive shop attached to it.

Our room was very simple, small and outdated. We normally prefer something more luxurious and modern but that being said there is nothing 'wrong' with the rooms. The bed was comfy, the AC worked, it was clean, had a small fridge a coffee pot and microwave. It's very buggy near the cabins though so bring your bug spray!! And we didn't spend much time in the room anyways.

The resort has live music almost everyday, the free breakfasts were actually really yummy and the pub fare style menu is cheap and decent. Try the Roatan Dip! Our favourite night was on Monday when it's 2/4/1 pizza and they set up a big screen on the beach and played a kids movie at 6pm and an adult movie at 8pm. Very much enjoyed that!

So in conclusion don't visit here expecting a 5 star resort with calm relaxing rooms and spa amenities. If you prefer to go cheap on the room and spend your money exploring the Islands activities and dining, then Bananarama is a good option.

I'm staying on the island for 3 months. I have stayed in 4 places located in and around West Bay Beach. Feel free to message me with questions or tips. :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindsay G
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Just finished an excellent week in Roatan. Bananarama is centrally located on the beautiful beach in West Bay. Quaint resort with a welcoming and helpful staff. The dive shop staff was great, smaller boats and groups which I loved, allowed you to get to know your divemaster and fellow divers which made it comfortable for any skill level. If flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt is your preferred formal wear on vacation then this is a good fit. Food was really good and all the basic amenities you may need are right there. Definitely going back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The hammocks and overall ambiance of this place reminded me of Tulum. Rustic bohemian vibes so I quickly fell in love. The staff was also really helpful, the grounds were really clean, and the wifi worked really well which was a great plus. I highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here for 7 nights, family of 4 including 2 small children in the half condo #30. I took off one star because I think there is a bit of room for improvement (reasons mentioned within my review). It was more like 4.5 stars, but can't rate that way on this site.
It is a short walk from the beach (not directly on the beach like the other rooms). The benefit of not staying closer to the beach is that the condos have TV's which the kids liked having, so I didn't mind walking a bit. The space was adequate and we had pretty much all that we needed. I would have liked to be able to use washer and dryer, but was not accessible to guests. There is wi-fi offered for guests, on the beach area and the condo. Don't expect supersonic speeds, but you'll get connected. There isn't really a designated place to wash feet off after being on the beach, but there is a hose that the gardener uses and allowed us to use to wash off and that worked out fine. There is also a small pool and covered place to hang out on the roof if you prefer to chillax somewhere other than the beach. Speaking of which, if you're planning a trip here, be sure to pack plenty of bug spray (consider it your perfume for the duration of your stay), anti-itch cream , and an antibiotic ointment in case you do scratch so much you break the skin.
We bought groceries and cooked in a couple of times (there are also lots of places to eat around the island), the cooking utensils were adequate except for no oven mitts or kitchen towels. Breakfast is included so we loved enjoying the lovely breakfasts by the beach (remember to apply bug spray!). There was something different every morning; Crepes, banana pancakes, Honduran typical, baleadas, breakfast tacos, to name a few. Our kids liked the fresh fruit juices and my husband and I thought the coffee tasted good.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Bananarama and think the resort is at a great location. For someone who has visited the island 4 times, I liked West Bay much better than West End or pretty much other places we've stayed. I would recommend it and stay here again. If you book here, enjoy it and have fun!!

Room Tip: Good price for a west bay location
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family