US$350
Posada Seremein(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$125
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$300
US$188
Caribe Tesoro(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$244
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
West Bay B & B(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$378
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$425/night.

US$728
Orbitz.com
1,368 results
All reviewsthirsty turtlevintage pearlgarden cabanacrab racesmovie nightfire dancerslive musiccruise shipwest endlaid backfun activitiesoffice staffcoconut shrimpfishgreat divingspecial thanksthe wait staff
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this place. I’ll start with the pros:
Location, location, location. Right on the best beach of Roatan. You walk 5-10 minutes to the left, swim a little and you get to an amazing reef.
Gumbalimba park is 5 min drive
Great snorkeling
Staff is very friendly
Hotel is clean
Nice restaurants
Fun activities

Cons:
Rooms are very old, when we arrived there at night and I couldn’t evaluate the location I was a little shocked.
Some rooms have very low pressure in the shower
The included breakfast is not a buffet. It changes
daily, and some days are better than others
The internet is EXTREMELY slow. I know that you shouldn’t care that much when you are in vacay, but there were a few days when it rained almost non stop, and if you are stuck in an unpleasant room with no TV, it would be nice to have good internet access

Overall it was a great vacation, reasonably priced

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Bananarama_Manager, Marketing / Social Media at Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Good day is a pleasure, we appreciate your comment, we will put emphasis on being able to improve in these aspects since the comments of people like you is how a business grows to offer a better and excellent service

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing experience at
Bananarama for our first ever trip to Roatan! The staff is what makes this place a ton of fun—from the bar staff to the security guards who make you feel safe 24 hours a day to DeShawn & the rest of the wait staff—all made our trip so enjoyable. One word of caution: be careful when arranging excursions with Detour Roatan. We ended up paying $300 for deep sea fishing and we basically just watched the guides fish. They didn’t talk to us or engage us in any way. That was the only negative experience we had on Roatan Island.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Bananarama_Manager, Marketing and Social Media at Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Good day, it is a pleasure to greet you, we appreciate your comment which, we will send to be able to continue offering you the service that characterizes us

We're at your service

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I stayed at Bananarama (West Bay) for 3 weeks while taking the PADI Rescue Dive course with their Dive shop. My room was upstairs with a balcony, hammock, chair and small table overlooking the beautiful gardens. There was a separate bedroom with a comfortable double bed, dressers, and closest. Very spacious for 1 person. The bathroom had a tiled shower with plenty of warm water. It was too hot there for a hot shower. The front room combined the living room with the kitchenette. A large bottle of water was supplied for you. A coffee maker, kettle, small fridge, microwave with sofa, coffee table, TV etc. I watched TV in the evenings and the WiFi was good. The girls in the office would offer me movies to watch and they even had a computer there for guests to use, first come first served.
There are taps at the front of the steps to rinse sand off your feet. Housekeeping was good too. Their open air bar/restaurant was good and a hearty breakfast was included but to change the menu around a bit I also went to West Bay Lodge restaurant for several dinners and watch the birds there.
Their beach location is simply magical and they run a top notch operation here. The owners are from the US, and some of the dive staff too. All the staff was amazing!
Yes, cruise ship passengers do flock here. But it's a big enough place to share and meet other travellers. I always felt safe there. They also put on a fund-raiser event, an evening with a live band to help the mothers feed their babies that can't breastfeed due to AIDS.
As a solo traveler, I opted for the airport pickup. My driver allowed me to stop at Coxen Hole to buy a Digicel phone and minutes for my stay. The office managed other taxi rides for me to dive Mary's Place with Barefoot Divers (a Canadian ran dive shop), and to dive with the sharks.
Their operations manager loved his job, he was involved daily with all aspects of the business. Always personable and pleasant. All the staff made me feel welcome, but he really made me feel like family. He was wonderful with all the guests.
Roatan Island is lush with rainforest and mountains, so it always felt humid to me. The low end budget hotels are mostly in West End. West Bay is more upscale and Bananarama is a very reasonably priced dive resort. They have a full range of accommodations including larger fancier units for families.
I would recommend Bananarama for a place to stay in West Bay Roatan. I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: The larger units are beautiful
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank sun101goddess
Reviewed 12 December 2017

First time to Roatan. Great experience on Roatan and with the staff at Bananarama. Snorkeling was the best just a short walk down the beach. Made many friends with the staff who were always there to help for any questions or needs. Other quests were great too and many were returning for multiple times to Bananarama. Rooms were decent and no TV - can always get that at the bar if you need a fix. To sum it up -- Location! Location! Location!

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This was myself and my friends third time staying and diving with bananarama. Marco and team at the dive shop are top notch and the accommodations at the resort are all you need to enjoy a great vacation with sandy beaches and clear water. The diving is incredible too. Never gets old.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends