“Attentive evening and good food”
Review of Ocean Basket

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ocean Basket
Ranked #12 of 20 Restaurants in Shelly Beach
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with the family and my daughter. Service was 5 star, waitress was attentive and on the ball. Food was ready in good time and quality was very good. All in all a very good experience. There was a playground outside the restaurant but was closed for what looked like renovations which would have made this a 5 star rating.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

On a trip through Margate, I met my daughter from Durban at Shelly Beach. Not a great fan of fish, I reluctantly went to Ocean Basket. Probably why I enjoyed the evening so much. My daughter had hake, her freind (normally very critical) a platter and I had mullet. All meals were well prepared. Nederberg Rose complimented the meal well. Sizwe was an attentive waiter, contributing to an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Ocean Basket seldom fails to meet my expectations. The South Coast Mall just off the highway near to Shelly Beach is the place to go to get stocked up on groceries, drinks etc. when holidaying on the Natal South Coast. My best meals in the mall have been at the Ocean Basket. The fish is always fresh, very well prepared and reasonably priced.
The restaurant is clean and well-maintained. The staff are well-trained and efficient - but not over friendly.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered sushi and i ended up getting something horrible with chillies - i complained and was told that is what I ordered! No i ordered sushi with no mayonnaise as this is a new very Westernized concept. There were three of us and we all ate at different times - how disorganized. Furthermore, we ordered two dishes and only one came. Two hours later we left - irritated and unhappy. What a horrible place - do not eat there!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Went there for lunch and we had great service and shared a platter. It was fantastic and we were very impressed with the amount of food on the platter. Will be back