Shore Breakers(Shelly Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
HillBillion Estate(Shelly Beach)
US$97
US$95
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Amble Inn Guest House(Shelly Beach)
US$101
  • Beachfront
Tropical Beach B&B(Shelly Beach)
US$81
Breaker View(Shelly Beach)
Tahiti Sands(Shelly Beach)
  • Beachfront
Shelly Beach Lodge(Shelly Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat holidaybeautiful placenice beachcouple of daysattention to detailoff seasonthe ownerjudygatecoastaccommodationcharterunitssunrisevenuekitchengarden
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

We have just returned from our 4th stay at Emerald Cove and it was hard to leave to go home. While we grew up in SA and know that the best holiday beaches in SA are on the south coast of Natal, we travel all the way from the UK to enjoy the pleasure and we always feel very welcomed by Judy when we arrive. The cottages surround a small swimming pool which is perfect for keeping the kids busy while we prepare a BBQ for dinner. There are always other kids of similar ages staying in one of the other cottages, so there is plenty to keep the little ones occupied.

The cottages are clean and have everything you would want in a self catering accommodation. Judy even has beach toys and umbrellas and is always accommodating when we have anything that we need. They are cleaned daily, including dishes, so you really can relax.

It's the access to the St Michaels beach and nearby rock pools that are the selling point for us. We go out the back gate and are on the beach. The beach has a tidal pool, lagoon and a fun swimming beach, so swimming for all levels. The rock pools are full of life. Beautiful views as well.

It's a short drive to the shops for supplies and there are a number of restaurants and other shops in the two malls that are within 10 minutes drive from Emerald Cove. There is also a nearby snake park.

For the more adventurous, there are numerous wonderful beaches to explore down the coast (including one with a nearby waterfall) and Wild Coast Sun which has a water park, golf, casino and other activities.

Always a family favourite.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Juper, Owner at Emerald Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Thank you for ending our year on a high note with such a nice review. We love having you and your lovely family here and look forward to having you back again one day.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Judy stayed up late to graciously welcome me from my flight, which was much appreciated. I also found out that she had upgraded to me to a much larger cottage closer to the wifi as I was staying for three weeks. This was much appreciated, thank you Judy, it made the evenings much more enjoyable!

The cottages are really fantastic, beautifully appointed and very spacious. The kitchen was well equipped, with a microwave, hob, fridge/freezer and all the utensils you could need. I couldn't have bene happier with it.

The lovely pool is surrounded by the other cottages, and the beach is right behind the house. You can hear the waves from the residence which is brilliant. :)

Judy was so helpful, going above and beyond the call of duty to help me organise my visits and make my stay comfortable. She took me shopping and even to the airport in Margate to get a rental car on a couple of occasions, I couldn't have hoped for a better welcome. She also bought me a huge chocolate cake and bottle of wine for my birthday which, when you are traveling on your own, is particularly appreciated!

The shopping centre is ten minutes walk away, and has everything you could need, including a cinema.

All in all, a great place to stay, especially if you are diving Protea Banks.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with wifi.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Juper, Owner at Emerald Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Thank you for your very kind review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay.
You were a lovely guest and always appreciative of any small thing we could do to make your stay more comfortable.
Thank you also for the photos which show off the chalet so nicely with that lens.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We were so blessed to have had a free upgrade to such a stunning chalet! It was on the second floor and it was so beautiful! It was my mum in laws 60th birthday so we wanted to do something really nice, but still affordable. My mum in law couldnt stop saying how much she loves the place when we arrived.It was so good not to have a checklist to go through or have to pay a cleaning or administration fee and no breakage deposit, Judy trusts her guests so much which is so noble ! I've been to two other chalets and one holiday home before and this place is the best! The only scary, thing was the power going off at about midnight on Saturday night, but I think that was the whole area, it was back I the morning though. Love this place! Will be back.!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your nice review, sorry about the power going off, yes it was a problem with the entire area.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Good facilities on site , close to the beach , great for families and couples looking for a break without a hassle . good restaurants close to the Venue Clean rooms. beach within walking distance and close for Children

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Juper, Owner at Emerald Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Thank you for your great review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Went there in August 2015; had such a great time that we had to go again in September. The unit where we stayed was very clean and neat, the bonus being that is was very private. It is literally only a few steps from the sea and you can hear the calming sound of the sea all day and night. We really had a great time and would go back any time.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aletta26
Juper, Owner at Emerald Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Thank you for taking time to write a nice review, we like it when our guests enjoy being beside the sea.