Simply put, if you are going near San Ignacio and need a place to stay, just stay here. It is off the grid, but you will not miss civilization one bit. My family of four, including two teenage daughters, stayed here for three nights and absolutely loved it. Here are the reasons why:
1. Tom and Marge. The owners of Moonracer are authentic, warm and helpful. They have a vast amount of information about the area and will spend their time finding out what you like and advising you about how to have the best experience. They are much more than proprietors. They know the names of the plants and animals, they know the region and they know the local sites and people. They want you to have a sincerely good time. Before we went on the ATM tour, for example, Tom gave us loads of advice, all of which was spot on and very helpful.
2. Hummingbirds at breakfast. I do not even want to describe this beyond saying that you have to stay there and experience it yourself. I have never seen such a congregation of hummingbirds.
3. Marge's cooking. Marge uses local ingredients in a wonderful way, so that her cooking comes off as both familiar and a bit exotic. Everything that she made was fresh, delicious and plentiful. If you stay at Moonracer, be sure to at least get your breakfasts and dinners here!
4. Unplugging. It was wonderful to get away from the craziness of the Internet and civilized life for a few days. There is so much to do and see that we did not miss it at all.
5. Location. Moonracer is in an excellent location, not far from Caracol, the Mountain Pine forest, and San Ignacio.
6. Home Away From Home. Traveling can be stressful, even when you are having fun. There are lots of uncertainties and risks that you just have to accept. These feelings are amplified when you travel with children. It was SO NICE to "come home" to the comfort of Tom and Marge's after a day of adventuring and exploring. I can honestly say that it was hard to drive away from there after our last day. And we drove away saying that we had to write this review because we appreciated them so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small jungle lodge located just outside the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve and Elijio Panti National Park. One two room cabin with two adjoining rooms, each with two queen beds, which may be rented together or separately. These rooms each have a private full bath with hot water shower. Three Camping Casitas with in-room toilets and shared shower with choice of queen or two twin beds. Meals served family style, alcoholic beverages available. Shared kitchenette also available. Hiking from the lodge. Limited internet access, limited electricity. Discount for rentals of entire 2-room cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Moonracer Farm Lodging & Tours reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonracer Farm Lodging & Tours Hotel San Ignacio
- Moonracer Farm Lodging And Tours