“Poor service and poor cocktails”
Review of Vue Bar

Vue Bar
Ranked #69 of 382 Restaurants in Bondi
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Description: Beach front location with amazing uninterrupted 180 degree views of Bondi Beach, offering South American style tapas and platters combining a selection of pizzas and amazing salads accompanied with and international list of wines and boutique tap and bottled beers along with innovative list of cocktails. Catering for couples, groups, corporate functions and weddings.(Capacity 110) Smaller function room also available with a private bar for groups of 10-20. Fully protected and heated outdoor terrace to embrace that view all year round.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Went last night with friends, unfortunately very disappointed with my cocktail. Was 20 bucks but could not taste an ounce of alcohol ! It was a mint cumber gin cocktail ... All I could taste was citrus with cucumber and mint!!! All my friends tried my drink too and they could not taste any alcohol just a very strong lemon taste .

When I mentioned that to the waiter kindly ,that I could not taste any acohol in it ... He said" that's how it's meant to be it's very subtle it has a bit of steermain in there too"I know my Gin drinks and I always taste the Gin..plus it is an acoholic drink not a
Mocktail!
He asked if I wanted a straw , might help. So I did thinking it was all at the bottom and might need a mix . But still the same!

Long story short I won't be back. Shame because it was cool bar with views and nice atmosphere.

Darren M, Manager at Vue Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
At Vue Bar we pride ourselves with our consistently great food and beverages.

Firstly let me apologise if you were at all dissatisfied with your cocktail experience.
I've taken the time to speak to the bartender who made your drink aswell as reviewing the surveillance of it being made to confirm.
As it is one of our most popular signature cocktails, we are very stringent in following the recipe to the letter.
As your waiter informed you, the balance of the cocktail is quite subtle as we use a premium gin and a top shelf Elderflower liquor, all of which add up to over 60ml of alcohol.

Just to clarify the straw was given to you for sipping not for stirring as this particular cocktail is shaken and does not need additional stirring.

I can only assume this cocktail is not suitable to your palate.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Popped into Vue after completing the Coogee to Bondai walk. View is amazing, very relaxing watching the waves and the surfers. I ordered a great wheat beer and a lovely fish and chips. Very fresh & tasty. Service has been good as well. What's not to like?!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I am a local of Bondi and went to Vue Bar a few years ago and wondered why we havent gone back. We went back tonight. There is no BYO and yet they charge around $55 for an ordinary bottle of wine. They really would be better off charging a $10 corkage. We got the tapas and started with the houloumi, calamari and garlic prawn. I have to say the portions were large but the calamari was not fresh neither were the prawns. Then they brought out the houloumi and every place i have been to the houloumi was warm like it was just cooked, but the houloumi here was very cold like it was cook the night before. This place is not cheap every meal was expensive. I wanted to order more but after those three dishes i didnt want to try anymore. i could tell every meal was not fresh. its such a shame because of the location. the other thing i notice was every time we went there is was empty. the place would get so many more people if they had BYO and fresh food. they really need to change. i am in no need to rush back maybe we will try it again in another year.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Nice little place with a great view of the water. Very relaxing and good music. We just wanted a snack and had the slider appetizer which was amazing! Also, had a nice glass of wine. Staff was very nice. Wish we could have gone back.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Went to Vue Bar with my friends for dinner. Food was perfect, the lobster taco and scallops were the best. Big thanks to Alex our waiter for recommendation and great service. Recommend to anyone.