Free cancellation until 21/07
US$114
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$137
Lodge Bosques de San Jose(Algarrobo)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Spa Algarrobo(Algarrobo)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsstayed hereliving roomyolandasunsetairportwavesterraceoceanpacificstructure
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We had a decent stay at this B&B. The location overlooking the sea is very pretty and so is the structure and the style of the hotel. Very pretty and well kept. The view from the balcony was very pretty too. Also the owner was extremely warm and chatty, he (we only met him on this occasion) seemed to generally enjoy his guests which is not always a given. Five stars for that.

The reason I'm not giving 5***** though is that i thought it overpriced. Our room on the ground floor has the same price as the ones above (!), but with barely a view of the sea (you have to go to the one corner of the room to get a glimpse around the corner), and it was quite cold at night (with the heater not working well enough, though they did try fixing it) and a jumpy shower. The morning was the biggest disappointment, breakfast was scarse, with low quality products (e.g. Cookies or bread), I asked for extra eggs which were made but I felt reluctantly - and I must say I left the hotel hungry!

Though it is pretty and the owner was really pleasant it was jus not worth my bucks.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine I
Reviewed 2 February 2017

All was wondeful! Nicely decorated room, balcony, nice breakfast, wonderful staff, very nice common areas and terrace. We had a great time the 3 nights we stayed here after visting San Pedro de Atacama and Torres del Paine. The bed & breakfast has a nice view to the beach, and there is one restaurant only a couple of minutes walking from the hotel. Unfortunately we had strong winds, so sitting on the balcony was too cold. The area is residential, so it was nice to have a rental car. We hired a cheap and small car at the airport in Santiago, downloaded google maps route on the phone, and found it without any problems. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We spent one night on this bed &a breakfast. The place is very nice at the end of a road with a great view on the beach. The room is small but very nice equipped with nice details.
There are 4 rooms in total. The breakfast is nice but not exceptional.
The hotel it self is a bit outside Algarrobo therefore only one option for dinner is reachable without a car.
The owner is very nice and helpful.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Stayed here for our last three nights in Chile. We wanted a couple of days on the coast and this was a good choice, convenient for the airport and the 24hr door to door slog back to the UK. It;s about an hour and a half from the airport on a very good motorway ( probably the best we saw on our trip), so allow about 2 hours !
Rooms very nice, we had the top floor room, which may well be one of the largest - I don't really know. Good breakfast and convenient to a good restaurant down on the beach, not worth trying to drive any further.
Maria the housekeeper did well looking after us despite no common language; the owners/hosts were away in Santiago and a couple of times were put on the phone by Maria in order to provide English interpretation, but it worked well.
I would describe this as an upper level B&B , certainly better than many hotels.
We would certainly stay again and given it's location may have been a better bet for a first night after the travel from Europe. A bit surprised to be charged £10 each day we used the hot(ish) tub - it took the edge off it really, especially as we always book these places direct so as to save the owner the high level of commission paid to Bookings#com or other online agencies.

Room Tip: Do eat in the restaurant on the beach, it's a lot more than a beachside caff !
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDutchmanTheHague
Reviewed 7 December 2015

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at Cinque Colori, Hugo and Yolanda are excellent hosts with accommodation to match. As we had missed out by not seeing any Penguins on our travels around Chile Hugo and Yolanda managed to arrange for a local fisherman to take us out on a short trip to see some not far from the accommodation which was a bonus. Algarrobo is a good location for visiting the wineries near by but you do need a car. I would definitely stay again if I ever find myself in the area and would strongly recommend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple