US$57
  • Breakfast included
Belvedere(Koekelberg)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Thank you oiko for everything. Thank you to the owners for all the emails you sent to us while you were in your holidays. All has been perfect. Your home has been our home. I recommend everybody visiting brussels to stay here.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I decided to stay 7 days to look around. The place is 5 min walking from the tube ( underground ). Before coming, Laurent sent me an e-mail telling me how to get there and when I got there he helped me with my heavy luggage. Laurent and Fillipe were nice and helped me with tour information. The place is very clean, big and every morning different breakfast and...for free ! The access to the town is quick by metro and for sure I will come back...ps: in the room wifi, tv, clean towel, free welcome water and chocolats and amability from Laurent and Fillipe is a plus.

Room Tip: Actually, I dont know for sure but I think the pink room is bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2015

The hospitality and friendliness at Dame de Carreau is really unique. Laurent and Phillipe did not only provide totally clean and comfortable accommodation, but also supported us with organizing activities around Brussels! The recommendation to go to the chocolate outlet was just great! We can´t imagine a better accommodation for a short trip in Brussels.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent 2 nights here. The room was very clean and comfortable. Laurent gave us lots of useful advice on getting around and what to see and do. The breakfast was great. The location was great, near the metro, but we but desided to explore Brussels on foot. it took us only 20 minutes to reach the city center. Near the house there is a free parking. Everything in the house is very cozy and charming - really want to go back there)))

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was large and comfortable, the hosts were lovely, the breakfast was great. The bathroom being downstairs can be a problem for some.

The location was unfortunately a let down. We arrived in the evening, the place was directly opposite the train line, and it didn't feel safe as the surrounding areas were poorly lit. Parking was available but a few hundred meters away, given the area we didn't feel comfortable about where the car was parked nor the walk from the car.

Also, the trains would be a problem if you are sensitive to noise as they are quite frequent and very close by.

• Stayed: December 2013
damedecarreau, Propriétaire at Dame de Carreau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comment on our B&B.

I'd like to react to it, as there appears be a misunderstanding as to what we offer here at Dame de Carreau.

We actually offer private accomodation (at very reasonible rates;) We welcome our guests in a dedicated part of our own house, which is one of the legal requirements to be officially recognized as a B&B (chambre d'hôte) in Belgium. We only have two rooms, unlike most B&B's in the UK, which are more similar to hotels.

Our focus is on the contact with the guests. We make our very best to make them feel at home in our place. We can offer them tips on what to visit, where to eat or to shop like locals. But we have no sign on the street, no closed space to leave bikes or a car, and the bathroom is shared between the two rooms.

When your wife wrote to book the Blue room, I advised her that she should book the Pink room, which is quieter, at the back of the house, has a private toilet with a little washbasin and a private salon. But even though you seem to be sensitive to noise, she booked the Blue room.

We always inform our guests about the parking possibilities in our neighbourhood and we always send directions, including a satellite view of our street from google maps from which it is obvious that the metro line is passing close to our place. To most hosts, this is a big asset, as the centre is easily accessed by public transports. We recommended you to take the metro which allows you to reach the city centre in 10 minutes, but you prefered to drive to the centre and leave your car in a pay park.

We are sorry that you felt unsafe in our neighbourhood, that you were concerned about your car and that you're complaining about poorly lit streets. I am confident that you left our place safe and sound and with no damage to your car, as we live in a mixed and quiet neighbourghood where people are always helpful with directions.

This seems to be very much about perception. May I remind you that you were sick and tired of driving when you arrived ? Only this could explain an « average » note because of your perception of our neighbourhood, even though you gave us an « excellent » for service and cleanliness and a « very good » for rooms and value.

You sum it up quite well : « The room was large and comfortable, the hosts were lovely, the breakfast was great. ». This is exactly what makes our guests book our place – and I'm not sure a hotel with a lit car park could offer all that for an average of 50-55 EUR per night.

Kind regards,