“Yummy seafood dinner”

Price range: US$1 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In addition to the Witch's famous food they offer the best of Australian wines. Cellar Master Darren O'Brien has explored and achieved an extensive list of the states best offerings. The Witch's wine list does however provide patrons with wine choices from all over Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy and more. The Witch's specialises in business lunches & functions. The two and three courses business lunches are sensational value and offer a choice of the Witch's specialty dishes to choose from. The Witch's also offers a choice of set menus for business functions. To view the menus simply go to the Dining page. We are ideally located for an early dinner before a show at the Regal Theatre. You can give the Witch's dining experience as a gift. Gift vouchers are available for all budgets and make an ideal gift for any occasion. You can purchase a gift voucher by contacting us. Our friendly staff will organise the palatable gift for you straight away.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I was a bit apprehensive after reading quite a few negative reviews on here but needn't have worried. We had been told about this place by my partners Dad, he raved about the garlic and chili prawns for so long we had to check it out.
I booked the table online a nice simple process, I requested a booth (not knowing the layout of the restaurant but thought it would be a nice touch)
We arrived and were shown straight to our table, lovely little place with cute decor complete with witch hanging from the ceiling.
We ordered the prawns to share, with some garlic bread (didn't need the garlic bread should have gone plain so we could have soaked up all the juicy goodness) The prawns were as we had been told, very tasty. Perfect amount of chili for my liking and a good garlic kick as well.
My partner enjoyed a steak and I had the scallop, crispy pork cheek, mango and papaya salad which was really fresh and flavour some.
My partner ordered dessert which we ended up sharing, we had the donuts which were homemade with cherry jam, really good with the addition of the popping candy. The ice cream however let it down, the pepperyness was far to overpowering and we didn't make a dent in it.
Staff were lovely, our waitress had a good sense of humour.
We would come back again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

With hype, comes price, we all know that. The Witch's Cauldron is the most expensive dining experiences I have ever had in Perth with our bill racking over $300. It is yummy, don't get me wrong, but sorely expensive.

The interior is quaint with a witch on a broomstick hanging on the ceiling, It's like Halloween everyday.

We ordered appetizers, rump steak, sides, wine, and dessert. The garlic chili prawn was delicious, but easy to replicate. I cook it all the time. The steaks came with a massive meat croquette, that is not mentioned on the menu. We ended up ordering sides as a result of the missed information. Wasted food!

The sticky date was non-event and pricey. I could have skipped that one. The truffle/d mash is what you'd expect. The bread was good though.

Would I come back? Not exactly. If you are in Subiaco, there are hundreds of options. I understand why patrons love it, but I can have delicious food elsewhere.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here last night with my husband on a rare child less evening. Greeted at the door by a young guy with a dark hickey on his neck. He showed us to our table and tried to answer questions but as he was new, he got the manager to help us. She was kind and helpful. She recommended a few dishes, which I took her advise on the flathead special of the day. It came out and immediately I could see the grey skin presented on the fish and it looked very unappetising. It was not presented well at all and I instantly regretted my choice. A feature was the squid tentacles but they were so tough and overcooked, inedible. There was no mention of the prawns on the plate, which I don't eat. Had I of known this I would've ordered something different. The fish portion was very small. The truffle mash however was lovely. I have lived in Perth for 15 years and have never been here before but visited Subiaco many times. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant. The service we got from the manager was great but food presentation and quality for the price we paid, doesn't match.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Would never even think about coming back here. Very over priced for some basic food.

Garlic prawns- nice flavour but over cooked

Pork cutlet- no flavour on the pork or crackling. Pork also overlooked. Best thing on plate was mash potato

Donuts- the dough was still raw on the inside, a struggle to eat.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Wedding anniversary, delicious Strawberry Daquiri to start, oysters to die for, the always brilliant garlic prawns and beautifully fresh fish of the day washed down with Tassie bubbles. Apart from the great dining companion our waitress was absolutely fantastic, knowledgeable, pleasant and engaging. Highly recommend