The Siena Village
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Munnar Crown(Chinnakanal)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsduplex roomluxury suitefull marksbuffet dinnerexcellent hotelour honeymoonbon firehot watercourteous staffroom servicememorable staystayed here for nightsfood qualitycamp fireexcellent stayvisit munnarnice view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Siena Village was a great experience on a lot of levels - not the least of which, its wonderful location.
The time we were there, the one road into the village (from the direction of the Eravikulam National Park) was cut off for large parts of the day due to road works (it seems as if it might be set to continue for at least a year, so enquire about access before booking!).
The early morning view across the 'tea valley' was spectacular and we wished that our schedule allowed us a little more time to explore the surroundings on foot.
Both nights, dinner in the Peppermill restaurant was great - excellent value for money - and the staff (although they initially appeared quite startled at the prospect of actually serving guests), were friendly and tried super hard to be helpful.
Breakfast was relatively extensive (with a lot of local dishes) and the selection for European visitors was a little meagre.
The establishment offered free WiFi - but the quality and consistency was poor and patchy in the rooms - only the lounge offered some stability.
It looks as if Sienna Village has all the amenities to have a great family holiday. It is in the heart of tea and spice country.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rain M
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Well we stayed here for our honeymoon, and it was a lovely experience,The view is just amazing and the service is quite descent, a special mention to Mahinder the housekeeper for the fantastic towel art and hospitality.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan G
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Let me start with its location. Well, it is located in Chinnakanal, around 25 km from Munnar, away from the hustle-bustle of the town. The location is perfect for those who seek tranquillity and peace, especially for the honeymooners. We stayed there for 3 nights in the last week of September in a Deluxe room, called Dyshe. It is basically a duplex cottage kind of arrangement, with a living room on the ground floor and a bedroom & a balcony on the first. We arrived quite late, around 9 pm. However, the hotel staff was very courteous and helpful and gave us the best room available in that category. The bedroom was nice and cosy. The Anayirankal lake was visible from our balcony. However, the furniture in the living room was a bit dated and needs refurbishing. But it did not really matter to us because once in Munnar, you would hardly spend time sitting in your living room in front of the TV. The area of the hotel is quite big and the lawn is well-maintained. The surroundings have a mystic charm to it, typical of Munnar. The mountains at the back of the hotel sometimes look surreal. Now, the food at the restaurant deserves a special mention as we found it to be quite reasonable. The local dishes were absolutely delicious (Appam, Kerala-style fish curry etc.). Overall, we had a wonderful stay at the Siena Village. Our only regret was that the garden restaurant was closed at that time due to renovation. It would have been really helpful had the hotel website mentioned about the renovation work since this open restaurant is one of the major attractions marketed by the management.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 3rd or 4th block have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Undoubtedly this is one of the best hotel in Munnar region. It is situated around 20 Kms from Munnar town center, but this 20Km is worth to travel. Its route is also very picturesque.
Hotel architecture perfectly matches its surrounding environment. Located in valley, surrounded with mountains and a river visible in front at a distance. Property is very clean and beautiful. And the best thing was the commitment of all their staff. They were available all the time to keep their guest comfortable. One of the best staff I have ever seen in my any holidays. My whole family, including 2 kids, enjoyed a lot.
As for food, Buffet breakfast was fantastic. Few items in Ala carte dinner was quiet spicy for my family liking but it overall was good.
I really thankful to all the staff for making our trip memorable !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Food is very tasty
Service are very very excellent
Location and room are excellent
Hotel is very clean
All service staff are gental and honestly.my Little Prince say the masalapapad is very spicy then I call to him &send fast medium spicy papad then my little kids very very happy.my all jurney period then I don't saw this type of food, service & location.if I can come with my family this place I booked this hotel.so I'm very ☺️☺️☺️ .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family