“Rocked by Rockpool!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I recently went to Rockpool for a 60th wedding anniversary and was so happy with what I received!
The service was impeccable as they were always at the table to ensure everyone was good.
The food! (my mouth is watering just writing about this) I started my dinner with the Pork belly and squid entree. The starter was perfectly cooked and the flavours were great.
My main was the Duck ravioli with duck tea, this was the best pasta dish I have eaten. The pasta was perfectly cooked and packed with filling (which is a rarity with ravioli these days)
Dessert, I had the donuts with apple compote WOW!
All the meals were sized perfectly and could not fault anything whilst dining here.

If the rumours are true and Neil Perry is looking to close Rockpool, I am going to be very sad to see such a fantastic restaurant no longer exist.

1  Thank Roxi D

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I had a table for 8 for my birthday dinner. I chose Rockpool for the atmosphere as its dimly lit and and well decorated. I have previously dined there both day and night and prefer evening. Very good customer service. We were pressed for time, having a limo ride waiting at 9pm but he wait staff lady who served our table was very caring and made sure that the food was fast tracked and that my cake was brought out and then efficiently cut and served. She was also helpful with taking photos for us. However, I cannot give this restaurant five stars because I think its overpriced for the portion served. I had the 36 month grass fed beef fillet which cost $55 and it was as small as a pair of kids binoculars. There was no garnish on the plate. I also ordered a side of potato puree which was very soft and creamy. My cocktail 'Montenegro Crusta' had a good alcohol content.

5  Thank Aj C
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

I went with my partner and we had 2 courses each, with a fair few drinks and it the bill wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. Don't get me wrong, the place isn't cheap but the food was delicious and so were the cocktails! We didn't even book and the lady found us a table for two (luckily) as we had no joy at the Merrywell. The wait staff were attentive, some were a little too attentive at times making the dining experience a tad false and slightly uncomfortable.

1  Thank Flissh28
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I recently read a review in the weekend supplement by Fleur Bainger for the Rockpool Restaurant. Her description of the dishes she tried were so wonderful that we decided to return there and try them for ourselves, despite the fact that she only scored it 14/20.

We did this for Sunday lunch and I cannot find sufficient words to describe the superb food experience we had. We shared an entrée of the best crab we have ever tasted beautifully presented and so very delicious. Followed by another shared serve of clam and mussel chowder smooth as silk and equally delicious. This was followed by Wagin quail salad beautifully cooked crispy skin and tender flesh, some of the best quail we have had. Finally, a trio of Wagin comfit duck ravioli which was a masterpiece to say the very least. The quality of the food was matched by excellent wines, a really warm welcome when we arrived, extremely excellent service by all staff members. A really enjoyable afternoon and we cannot wait to return. Congratulations Maître D, Dee Egen. We give it 20/20 and suggest you try it too.

1  Thank Dee D
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Every time we go back we still can't find anything to complain about. The meals aren't cheap by any means but quality is worth paying for.