Sapphire Beach Club Resort
US$135
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$77
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$145
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$85
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$153
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$111
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

All reviewsnew appliancesmullet bay beachshort drivebeach accessfull kitchensint maartenrented a cargrand casemarciasabamarigot
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The resort is in need of updating and a good cleaning. I saw bugs in the kitchen drawers but did not mention it to my wife or she would have freaked out. Our stay was only three days and during that time the ceiling tiles in the hallway opposite our room were down and blocking the hall. We were over charged for our stay for your utility tax. I think $65.00 is too much for three days. We stayed at two other resorts for 9 days and did not pay that much. When I questioned the desk clerk as to the high price she said it was RCI that was the reason. I called RCI when we got home and they said it was not them but the Saphire. Not a good experience. Will not stay again..R.T.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Derdoil
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The Sapphire is clearly an older RCI property, but quite acceptable for sleeping, showering, swimming, and a home base for your island excursions. It is located near the restaurants and activites of Maho Bay and Cupecoy Bay, walking distance to Maho but you really still need a car for getting around the island. There is a "Very" tiny boulder-surrounded beach you can walk down to through the courtyard to get your toes wet in the sand or take a nice sunset picture, but if you want to lay out and read in a beach chair all day, it's a 5 minute drive to Mullet Bay Beach. The room was relatively clean with daily maid service, however mildew tends to be a problem as the air conditioner can't really keep up with the humidity. But it's a tropical island and that's to be expected. Keep the curtains drawn during the day while you're out and it's cooler at night. Sharon and the staff at the cafe/bar are outstanding. Limited menu but excellent service.

1  Thank Janie K
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I picked up an extra week on RCI for $199 so i wasn't expecting too much. I had to slip clerk at check in some cash for an ocean view room which has the jacuzzi on the patio, which makes up for some of the "below expectations" at the resort. The location is decent, although you need a car to get around. The room was a bit warm, but had ceiling fans that helped out. It's definately not a 4 or 5 star, but for the money I would go back as a vacation extender!! Eunice was nice at check out and made some adjustments for the lack of AC.

Room Tip: Try and get on the ocean side higher up is obviously better for the view and the little jacuzzi!
2  Thank linda2011618
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is NOT a "destination resort". If you understand that going in, you won't be disappointed. This was my first trip to St. Maarten and I really wanted to get to know the island and do some diving and other excursions. Sapphire is in a great area, convenient to great restaurants, casinos, bars and activities, but not right in the middle of it all. It's a 3 minute to drive to Mullet Bay Beach, my favorite on the island. The rooms are spacious and kept very clean. The air conditioning struggled to keep up, but I found that to be true of pretty much every place on the island. You're in the tropics, it's going to get warm and humid. Stephanie, Claudette, Sharon and the others at the bar/restaurant are fantastic. There are poolside music and activities nightly, but nothing over-the-top. This is nice place to sleep, shower and have a drink or swim in a great location. I'd go back again.

3  Thank Troy B
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We started laughing while reading the most recent review since we were assigned to room 317 (apparently after the other guest asked to be moved since he didn't want to look out onto the street). We'd have preferred ocean view but the hotel's configuration makes it impossible to know which is which room. we had a large unit - per our reservation with RCI - with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. GIGANTIC bathtubs large enough for two, full kitchen, and only had to ask for a coffee maker twice :-) Cannot rave enough about Jose at the front desk. He was the afternoon / evening staff and always responded to any of our requests. And he was friendly to our three year old who called him Big Jose. (Small Jose is a friend in her pre-school class)... while I wish I could give it a better review, the property is pretty caribbean standard. But we enjoyed our food at Oreo22, the bar staff was nice and the cats always friendly. There is a kiddie pool, but despite there being many other families, we had it all to ourselves. A definite plus. Downstairs CEC market was well-stocked and well-priced with daily baked goods including chocolate croissants & baguettes, and the staff there too were helpful. Usually grocery shopped at Le Gourmet / Grand Marche in Porto Cupecoy mall and loved their daily evening events from movies on mondays to kids party on friday. I always pack beach towels because even five star resorts seem to never provide enough - I like at least three - and that was a good call. The front desk was always running out of beach towels, so we were only able to swap them out twice. But again, make friends with Jose since he made certain our needs were taken care of. If you want banana boats, parasailing and jet skiing and over-priced food with CROWDS, go to Orient Beach.If you want a $5 cheeseburger, no crowds and water lapping your feet, visit Rosie's Snack Bar at Mullet Beach. Many of the guests were repeaters - one for 8 consecutive years and I can understand that from price alone. We would return though ask for an ocean facing room. It's relatively basic, but that's okay since most of our time was on the beach or scaling Pic Paradis or pig-sighting in Colombier.

Room Tip: We concur - building 3 but definitely ask which room gives you which view. If they have space, I am certain they'll move you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family