“Awful, absolutely awful ”
Review of Trattoria Milano

Trattoria Milano
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Ringway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I should have known better but it was the only place to sit down as the terminal was busy on a Monday afternoon.

The pizzas looked better, but I had the worst Bruschetta and the worst Penne Arrabbiata I have ever eaten. The pasta was rubbery as if it had been under heat lights too long , the sauce was dry more like a paste. Tasted like out of date dolmio sauce. The bruschetta had the two smallest pieces of bread with big chunks of half cut mini tomatoes. Try anywhere else in the airport but here....never again.

Sack the chef they have never been near Italy in their life, if they have they should be embarrassed!

The waitress who served me, Lena, was working very hard and was very friendly, I couldn’t fault her but the food......arrrrgggghhhh!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have used Trattoria on numerous occasions over the last few years, having travelled though terminal three at Manchester Airport on average 6 times per year. My wife and i, along with our son (now 3 years of age) have found that by using Trattoria as part of our journey meant a nice fresh meal, with good service was always part of our travel plans. When we found on our last trip it was closed for refurbishment, whilst missed the venue, we looked forward to coming back.......how disappointed were we.

As we arrived we were met by pleasant lady and were shown to a table straight away. We asked for a children menu to be informed they no longer did a children’s menu and so were left wondering how families are now catered for? Anyway we decided on side order and our son could share our mains from the "presto" menu.

The presto menu has significantly changed...less choice and additional extras. So beware it will soon add up and may be worth just ordering off the mains. Then presto menu prides....."Travellers in a hurry can choose from the 15 Minutes Pronto Menu, designed for when time is of the essence before a flight." Perfect for us with a 3 year old...............that’s if you can get someone to take your order.

30 minutes after sitting at the table.....no one had attended to the table so we were on the verge of leaving. Couples had been seated and had meals.....so when we ordered we were then offered the children’s menu for our little boy! We did order him something to eat and then waited.....and waited more. It seemed like an eternity and then the meals and drinks all came together.......

Our sons meal.....served in an adult dish was placed in front of him and we were informed "don’t let him touch the plate its very hot".......ok......this is a children’s menu..I’m all for hot food, but given this was off the children’s menu, there was no child preparation or awareness. After politely asking for this to be moved away from him we eventually got to eat.

The food was fine, albeit the size and portions seem smaller than before.

As we ate, it was interesting to see other customers attempting to pay their bill, they had to wait a considerable time and in one case they left without paying without challenge. The couple did return and as they explained why they returned they did have their bill wiped due to their experience (well done !). So i asked for the bill in good time and paid.

I asked how long that they had been reopened...i was expecting "this is our first week"....."8 weeks sir".....hmmmm i travelled 7 weeks ago and you weren’t open then. Okay i said politely and paid.

Its a shame, i would usually have recommended this as a pleasant start to the flight. However, the service was extremely poor and left us feeling empty and wanting more for our £50 we spent. We will need to see better service and value for money if to use again when we travel in 7 weeks time. It may be money better spent in the escape lounge......time will tell.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Very poor service and even worse food . Small tasteless portions , overinflated prices even for the airport , my advise give it a miss.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We all enjoyed our breakfast here, served by Caroline, she was very good, helpful and funny, a credit to the establishment, my porridge was a bit cool but was changed with the minimum for fuss
Would recommend a visit here anytime.
We will definitely will return here on our next pre flight breakfast.
Thanks again Caroline.
Martin.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Had a quick plate of pasta here before my flight. When it came out it was so tiny, it literally was 3 bites. This was a main for 10.99. When I asked the waitress if this maybe was plated incorrectly or a kids portion she took it to the kitchen only to come back stating this was the standard size. I know airports are always expensive but there is a fine line between that and blatantly conning people. Taste overall good but the portion control is scandalous.