La Viuda de Jose Ignacio(Jose Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$68
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Casa Suaya(Jose Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$180
La Posada del Faro(Jose Ignacio)
US$210
Jenous Hostel(Jose Ignacio)
US$262
Hostelworld.com
Hale Lau(Jose Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$68
Lomas de San Vicente(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$440
Hotel La Bluette(La Barra)(Great Value!)
US$130
Kala Hotel Boutique(La Barra)(Great Value!)
US$175
All reviewshorse ridingestancia vikbeautiful horsesamazing locationasadohorses and cowsbird lifethe general managerexpansive viewsbest friendquiet placebeautiful propertygreat activitiesnice barbecuefood and wineroom featureshigh ceilings
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my third stay at this beautiful ranch in March 2017. It is a unique property in an amazing location. It has just gotten better and better since I first stayed here with my best friend in 2011. Guadalupe and Thomas do a fantastic job managing the property.

The horse riding program is truly special and worth a stay at the Estancia just for this experience alone. One day we rode on the beach which was a special first experience for lifetime horse people like us. The ranch's Criollo ponies are sure-footed and even tempered.

The pool is peaceful with great views across the countryside. There is cozy furniture and it is easy to fall asleep reading in the shade! I often had the entire pool area to myself.

One of my favorite Estancia Vik experiences (after the horse riding) is sitting on the room's patio taking in the view of the horses and cows grazing and wandering around the property. Each room has an outside patio area with adarondak chairs. It relaxes me in a heartbeat, especially at sunset. Fireflies add some more magic and sparkle to the peaceful vibe.

This year I did a birding tour with Gustavo (offers birdwatching tours in the area). There is a lot of bird life on the ranch (three species of kingfishers!) and if you are a birder you won't want to miss this experience. Bring your binoculars (you can also borrow a pair from Gustavo). My favorite new bird was the Spectacled Tyrant. We heard a Capybara jump into the river during our walk but we not lucky enough to see it.

There is a really funny gray (white) horse whom we enjoyed watching. He was always doing something silly and often ended up on the grass right outside our room. I never got his name but he was a real character to watch.

I have never stayed anywhere that gives me as special of a guest experience as Estancia Vik does. The common areas are comfortable and inviting and filled with beautiful art.

The nearby beach town Jose Ignacio is lovely and a great spot for lunch.

Walking on the beach in the morning, followed by a swim in the ocean, then lunch at La Huela finished with a sunset ride is, for me personally, the perfect day of vacation.

Thank you to everyone for the Best Vacation Ever.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovesfishes
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I write this review as a rider who has a history of owning and riding horses….
the thrills….and challenges….and the potential of a bad experience on horseback
when riding an unknown horse in unknown territory. So let me get the horse riding
comments taken care of first for those that like myself are looking for a good experience on horseback….
I will extol on all the other wonderful qualities of Estancia Vik after dealing
with this important part of our experience…..

When I was planning our trip to Uruguay and Argentina I was very careful about
finding Estancias that have very good horses and experienced gauchos that offer a
good riding experience on every level. Our experience at EV was a dream come true. We have
ridden at other estancias and resorts in many places. Most were great experiences…
and a few not so great.

What was wonderful about our riding at EV is that the gauchos…aside from being
very experienced and speaking perfect english, were so friendly and charming,
and always concerned for our comfort and enjoyment. Giving us time to get a feel for
our horses, letting us control the gaits. We rode with Max….EV’s Uruguayan head gaucho
on many occasions… as well as Tomas, the general manager of EV, an Argentinian…both sharing their
fascinating life experiences and delightful to ride with. So, of all the estancias we have stayed at…
this was by far our best riding experience.

Estancia Vik is a beautiful, romantic estancia dramatically positioned on a hill overlooking
a lovely undulating river….dotted with cows, sheep and horses. It is about a ten minute car ride from Jose
Ignacio, which is likely one of the coolest, laid back but sophisticated beach towns in the world (that
will be a later review for “Playa Vic”….!)

Built in 2009, it is an elegant, low rise building of Spanish Colonial architecture that embraces the classical
style but with more modern elements meaning large windows and openings for expansive views of the
gorgeous property. Beautiful courtyards for dining or lounging, fabulous pool……
The rooms are stunning and very comfortable, featuring all the necessary amenities and more.
Each room features the artwork of a well known Uruguayan artist. They also feature dramatic high
ceilings and various design details….all different. Large sliding doors with expansive views look
upon the beautiful river vista. The rooms on the lower level open up to a small patio and then the
carpet of grass and field that slope gently down to the river. You may wake up and find a horse or
a sheep right outside your door. The rooms on the upper level (which are larger) have generous patios with the same
view. If on the main level I would recommend a corner room that has the doors on two walls.

The main salon has six giant geode sections mounted on the walls…so gorgeous and dramatic.
It is large with many luxurious seating areas for lounging….and there are also smaller scale rooms for the
same purpose.

Being at Estancia Vik is like being in a great art gallery. Not just the art in the suites, but the
art though out the premises is beautifully curated.

There is a wonderful choice of places to have breakfast lunch or dinner. Inside or outside, courtyard
or patio adjacent to the pool.

It is a place where you can have a lot of privacy if so desired. There are only 12 suites but so many
areas to hang out besides your suite.

The food is excellent…..! The staff are all so wonderful. We really fell in love with this place and will
go back. I don’t have any comment on how the experience could be any better. Having been lucky
enough to travel a lot and stay in some of the great resorts in the world…..this one really took the
cake. Being there once was just not enough.

Truly pure perfection…! The only improvement I could possible suggest would be one extra hook
in the bathroom for the luxurious towels and robes!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank serenatoronto
frequentravelerkk, Director General at Estancia VIK Jose Ignacio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

WOW! On behalf of Carrie and Alex Vik and my whole team: Thank you so much for your incredible nice feedback!!!
We work very hard in creating something really special and unique and reading your comments make us feel our efforts are worth it! We love what we have created in Chile and all the three properties in Uruguay but specially, Estancia Vik!
Please come back soon and bring your friends!
Sincerely yours,

Maximiliano Broquen
Managing Director
Vik Retreats

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We first came to Estancia Vik in 2011 for our honeymoon. At that time we stayed a few days and fell in love with the place.

We recently returned for a visit (stayed elsewhere), but came for lunch.

The hotel is unique, in that each room is designed by a different Uruguayan artist, so no two are alike. The common areas are also spectacularly decorated with a vast collection of works by Uruguayan painters, sculptors and woodworkers, to reflect the essence of the country and specifically the surrounding area.

The complex is set up on a hill overlooking a vast estate of lush grasslands, with horses and cattle grazing in the distance. There is a gorgeous pool, as well as an intimate "living room" lounge, and a separate game room. There is also a special room devoted to to the Asado - a giant grill that is used once a week or on special occasions to prepare a feast of grilled meats.

For lunch, we called ahead, but again, as it was the low season, the restaurant was empty, and we had extremely personalized service. The food is all locally sourced and extremely fresh. The meat dishes in particular are divine.

Our lunch was served outdoors on a patio overlooking the thousands of acres belonging to the Estancia. Would highly recommend staying here, but if that's not possible, try to book a lunch or dinner at the property.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had such a nice time at the Estancia. Everyone in the staff is so nice, especially Fleur. The rooms and common areas are amazing, the horse back riding is a real pleasure, and the access to the other VIK properties is a huge plus. The rooms, beds and bathrooms are outstanding. It was probably my best hotel experience, ever.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Thach you David [--] for cancelling! We got a room here because if his cancelation and it was terrific. So quiet and relaxing. The views, artwork and serenity is over the top. 12 suites and you can't go wrong with any of them. Breakfast is included.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple