“Amazing Hotel”

Playa VIK Jose Ignacio
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jose Ignacio
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The Hotel is located a few kilometers from Punta Del Este. The beach right in the front is great and beautiful. You can walk a few miles to Jose Ignacio Village, which is very charming and has some good restaurants. breakfast is great!!
The only thing I would say is that they could heat the pool.We would have enjoyed more.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The place´s such a magnificent landscape, but the incredible service gives the perfect atmosphere to feel the comfort of a warm home. I dont even think that my husband could recognize my favorites as Camila did. She was one of a kind taking care of us, trying always to please our different willings. Added the excellent food and drinks in charge of Marcos during sunset, this was by far, a delightfull staying. We are looking forward to go back. Thanks Playa Vik Team! Was such a pleasure!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

In one word, what makes Playa Vik a great get-away – people.

The people who run Playa Vik are the most attentive and thoughtful you will find anywhere. By way of example, on valentine's day and I wanted to buy my husband a single red rose to sit on his desk, but there’s no florist within José Ignacio, so without asking Sabrina arranged for someone who was driving through Punta del Este (an hour away in traffic), to stop and pick up a rose and then refused to accept any payment for the rose. I could go on and cite many more examples.

In short, despite being difficult guests (from New York City), this is the 4th time we’ve stayed at Playa Vik and it will not be the last. We highly recommend Playa Vik.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We went there for a romantic dinner and received a warm welcome in this enclave of luxury and decadence. The place has an incredible architecture (arch. Ott), including a LED illuminated infinity pool. The dinner was a highly individualized creation by the chef of the house and was presented in a perfect fashion. We wish we could go back there, but it's a very restricted venue and unless you are invited or a paying hotel guest, one cannot access this property. Fife stars all the way.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2017

I stayed here with my family for a few days just after the new year. I can only say we hated to leave. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa, and for me especially it was paradise, as it was like being a child again -- no worries. Anything needed you simply asked for in the main house and it was provided. Food at all hours, towels for the pool (unheated, that was a pity), restaurant reservations, taxis, anything. The views are outstanding, the rooms are beyond wonderful: staying in a gorgeous, art-filled, design paradise. I am sure if we had stayed longer than four days I could find problems with something but I really didn't.
Another thing I really like about Playa Vik is that guests do have a lot of privacy. You can really kick back and enjoy being with the people you are traveling with. It is "small" but so well designed that all guests can have their own wonderful time without infringing upon each other, or feeling annoyed by each other; at the same time, if you want to meet other people, the public spaces provide graceful opportunity for doing so.
Too bad Playa Vik can't control the weather, we had an incredible storm one day, but simply stayed inside and enjoyed the villa.
Jose Ignacio was also a wonderful village to hang around in, we loved going down to La Huella and eating sushi while watching the beautiful people.
I also appreciated the birthday cake that was baked for my husband's birthday the night before we left. I had asked about arranging something months before we came, but my email got lost in the spam account of the hotel. I just forgot about it, but the hotel didn't, so that was very nice!
Great holiday, I recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
28.0 km away
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#2 of 65 in Punta del Este

Been to Playa VIK Jose Ignacio? Share your experiences!