La Viuda de Jose Ignacio(Jose Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$68
Casa Suaya(Jose Ignacio)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$175
Jenous Hostel(Jose Ignacio)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Posada Paradiso(Jose Ignacio)
  • Breakfast included
La Posada del Faro(Jose Ignacio)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I absolutely loved everything about Laguna Garzón Lodge!
It is a perfect place to run away from hustle and bustle of the city to a beautiful nature, a peaceful environment and to experience an unusual type of the accomodation.
I also liked the opportunity to use kayaks, to have a super fresh (the same with the breakfast) and delicious dinner.
Big thanks to the owners and to very kind employees.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank e3lena
Reviewed 22 February 2016

It is February, the days are still beautiful, prices are lower than in January, Laguna Garzon Lodge is a great spot for a weekend away. Not much of infra-structure but a great and comfortable room surrounded by water, a peaceful feeling. Very good breakfast served in the main house/restaurant, that is only opened to guests. There are not many things to do in the hotel, but we loved our cabin and our time away. It is better for couples or families with older kids

Room Tip: There are 12 cabins and all of them seem to be equal (queen size bed)
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Very very bad maintenance, stained towels, dirty room!
Waaaaay too expensive for what they charge!
Price is 5 star, but the room os worse than hostel!
Poor breakfast!
They say they are ecoresort, and might use it as a appeal for their lack of care in the room, but we didnt buy it!

It's not a problem at all being a simple hotel, with simple rooms, but the lack of maintenance and cleaning, is not ok at all!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 7 January 2016

After spending 4 wonderful nights at a 5 star property in fabulous Buenos Aries we were ready to continue our journey to Uruguay and to the Laguna Garzon Lodge. We landed in Montevideo and picked up our car (A DEFINITE MUST) and with the GPS guiding our way we proceeded to Laguna Garzon. The Lodge was not hard to find and approaching it at twilight time, it looked almost magical.
Greeted by the owner and two able bodied men to take our luggage, we followed on the boardwalk leading to our Cabin. Upon entering the very minimalistic cabin, my wife and I looked at each other in utter disappointment. Everything was bare bones, no television, no phone, nothing to distract you from the awesome surroundings of the lagoon, its tranquility, and serenity. We soon forgot about Buenos Aries, the beautiful suite we enjoyed, the hustle and bustle, and settled into a paradise.
The staff was extremely cordial and always inquiring if there was something they could do. The chef was a wizard and since there were no menus other than the daily special, he would cook you anything you would like. Needless to say the food was wonderful, in fact I had the best Rib Eye steak so far, and thats comparing to the great steaks we had in Argentina. Same for the chicken, lamb, and fresh fish.

The pictures of the property are very accurate, and leaves nothing to the imagination.

This is a different kind of holiday, a cleansing of the mind and body. If you want to rekindle your relationship this is certainly the place to go to.

Room Tip: Nothing to choose from. All the cabins are the same.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shuchat
Reviewed 5 May 2015

I wish our brief one-night stay at Laguna Garzon Lodge could have been extended by two weeks! My boyfriend and I typically stay in guesthouses, but we decided to splurge for the last night of our trip to Argentina and Uruguay. I could not imagine a better place to stay to end our trip.

We visited in March, and the lodge was far from full, which meant we were able to enjoy the beautiful setting in peace and serenity. The room was very clean, and I loved the slight rock you could feel from the water. At night, we saw the most stars I have seen in my entire life from our porch. There is almost no light pollution here. Breakfast was more than plenty, and the setting was perfect.

We did not rent a car, but were able to use the bikes to go to/from Jose Ignacio. I believe the journey was about 4 miles, and it was HOT. The sun is very strong in Uruguay, so make sure you bring sunscreen. There were also kayaks, but we did not have the time to use them. Laguna Garzon would be an ideal place to kayak, as the water is very quiet.

Andrea is an amazing owner, and you can tell she really puts her heart and soul into the lodge. She made sure that our short stay was very comfortable.

Overall, if you have the opportunity, don't hesitate to stay at the Laguna Garzon Lodge. Also, I would definitely recommend a long lunch at La Huella.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple