“difficult to rate”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Threlkeld
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Soups
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Located just off the A66 this is a brand new Coffee Shop situated just beneath Blencathra in the village of Threlkeld, Cumbria, 4 miles from Keswick. The Coffee Shop is open Tuesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm and Bank Holiday Mondays 10 am to 5pm and serves homemade cakes, scones, tray bakes, soups and sandwiches.
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have just read my review from 2015 and seemed to have had a few problems then. We ordered toasted hot cross buns and tea waited a while then the waiter came and said he had burnt them so would make us some toasted teacakes which we received but they forgot to bring our tea. other than that we enjoyed our tea.

Threlkeld coffe... C, Manager at Threlkeld Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry about the hot cross buns,but glad you enjoyed your tea. I hope you will visit again soon

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Well placed for tea and cake after we had climbed Blencathra, the mountain behind Threlkeld. We especially liked the pecan and maple slice!

Thank you for your feedback Bill.Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Threlkeld village hall has a coffee shop. Nowhere near what I expected. Large, modern building with a great coffee shop offering a wide range of drinks, cakes and snacks from pannini's through the to sandwiches and baked potatoes. Views are stunning with outside seating if the weather's good. Prices are competitive and if you're in Threlkeld you should pop in. Open at least 10-4 every day.

Threlkeld coffe... C, Manager at Threlkeld Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you very much for the feedback Allan. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Called in here today on our way home from week in Keswick. Our neighbours who are regulars to lakes recommended we stop by and so glad we did!
Two gents working in coffee shop were happy to chat with us and were able to recommend several walks. Sadly we were on way home but will do walks next time!
Food was good if a little over priced

Thank you for your review! I hope you get to do those walks soon. You will have to pop back and let us know how they were over a coffee and cake ;)

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Today was my third visit to this lovely coffee shop. I walked to the village from Keswick and took the bus back. Popped in for a cup of tea and had a ham and cheese panini for lunch. The food was delicious and quite good value for money. The view was out of this world as the hills had snow on the tops. Staff were very welcoming and manager provided me with a bus timetable. Once again I felt very comfortable and enjoyed my visit.

Thank you for taking the time to review the coffee shop. We hope to see you again very soon.