“Overrated and over priced.”
Review of I Fratelli

I Fratelli
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Rheinfelden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We were really looking forward to our meal here but it appears that they were not too focused on providing good food- but rather on appearances. This restaurant is average at best.

I would not go back here again, nor do I think it is fair to charge so much for food that can be made better tasting by next to any home cook.

Our starters were delicious, but the rocket on one was not cleaned properly and had slime on some of the ends. The main course was really disappointing in so many ways.
One course advertised to be with a chanterelle sauce had just one chanterelle in it and the rest seemed to be canned mushrooms. The other meal was bland, seemed like leftovers and the pasta was under cooked- not al dente. The dessert was oddly savoury and generally unpleasant.

The food looked good which is why this was such a confusing experience. They seem to be entirely focused on making pretty food but lost the flavours along the way. What a pity.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Visiting this restaurant normally is a feast. This time, however, the starters were not good (spaghetti aioli far too hot, caprese on best average and carpaccio watery) and the well done beef dish stayed red, also after rework. Tiramisu was excellent.
The restaurant is too expensive, when not perfect.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Quality Italian dishes with some original touches.
For your wine be sure to ask the very talented somellier(e). She has some good recommendations.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I had a business lunch here I have been positively impressed by the high quality of the food. Being Italian, I normally avoid to go in any italian restaurant abroad but in this case the exception has been very welcome. I really felt like at home. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

the restaurant is very well placed, service is very good, menu card is rich and the diner was excellent , really a nice place for a diner, with candels !