US$56
US$46
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

US$35
Eminent Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$31
US$26
Priceline
Jia by SKYPOD(Kota Kinabalu)
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Seapark Condotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$31
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach resortbreakfast buffetfew daysout of the waydeluxe roomstayed nightsshuttle servicecouple of daysthis place offersheavy trafficmain buildingenjoyed my staythe check in processrunning aroundnoodlesrooms are nicerelaxing stay
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Nice 3* hotel with decent reasonably priced restaurant & friendly staff. Good for families or those on a budget, but their cheap rooms should be avoided. Electrical faults were so bad we had to be moved.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul113
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My family stayed at standard room of Beringgis for 7 nights to enjoy a lovely summer holiday. With the offer of US$80 per night, Beringgis is really an affordable beachside resort. Not just for the room rate, the restaurant also offers great Malaysian and international cuisine at a very good price.

We love the huge garden right outside your room, the swimming pool with a slide for the kids, and the peaceful beach with small crabs running around during the low-tide. If you live in a crowded city everyday, Beringgis can give you a few days of escape from the concrete and let you enjoy the nature.

Two downsides for this resort. First, the room is quite dusty because the housekeeping does not use vacuum cleaner. The other disadvantage is that it is 45 mins away from downtown. You definitely need to arrange transportation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank MikeKwan
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed here twice in June 2010/July 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
The staff were very friendly and constantly looked after us.
Meals at the Cabana Lounge were a little dissapointing except breakfas,t that was always great. There is an excellent Seafood Restaurant 2klm down the road and the resort drove us there for MYR10 and also picked us up when finished.
Also an acceptable basic local eatery over the road who are more than obliging.
A very relaxing place for anyone looking to "unwind". Not suitable for party animals.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Again I read reviews of this place that gave me a negative opinion but fortunately I had a hire car so could check the place out before deciding to stay there.
I don't know what some people expect from their hotel/resort but surely you must be realistic about your travel. If you want 5 star comfort then go stay at a 5 star resort.

Myself and my family ( 2 teenage girls) found this place realy good value except for the restaraunt, that was terrible, in fact it served up the worse food we ate on our whole trip.
Fortunately, having a hire car allowed us to give the dinning room a miss except for breakfast which was good ( it is a bit hard to stuff up an omelette)
The 2 Standard rooms we had were big , clean and comfortable with a fridge and movie channel. The bathroom was clean and in good working order.The aircons worked effeciently
Room service was quick and effecient.Given I could buy 3 cans of Tiger beer for 10 ringitt in Papar ( only 10 k's away) I would get a bucket of ice to take them down to the beach, this was free of charge.
The gardens and landscaping were good and added to the pleasant environment of the place
The beach is kept clean out the front of the resort but be aware the whole coast line around KK is filthy ( go for a walk along the beach). If you want beach swimming in crystal clear water than go to Kudat..
My girls swam and kayaked in the beach, along with others, with no ill afects.
The swimming pool is clean though not real big .
We extended our stay by 2 nights we were so happy with the place.
For 161 RM's a night I found the Beringgis very good value and the hotel staff friendly and helpful.
Don't accept the first rate that you are offered,politely demand the local rate.
Don't try to book for a weekend at short notice, the local people and business's use most better hotel/resorts for conventions during this time. The team building activities are amusing to watch and the people at these functions are confined to the convention area and convention dinning room so don't otherwise affect your stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank olgazza55
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I stayed here for a week during the Chinese New Year Holiday and was very happy with Berringis Beach Resort and the staff. The shuttle buses SHOULD have been free though but were quite a bit cheaper than taking a taxi - I found Malaysia to be quite expensive for things like taxis in comparison to other parts of Asia.
The room could have been cleaner, the bathtub leaked when I took a shower and the TV was a bit fuzzy but I was just there to escape the hustle and bustle of Seoul which I did. It rained almost every afternoon but the mornings were fabulous with lots of sun and great temperatures for getting a tan and swimming in the pool which was quite nice. There were also masseuses by the pool side available for foot and full body massages at a decent price and they felt nice!
The beach wasn't very nice with its dark coloured sand and murky water so I didn't attempt to swim in it although there were others swimming. The website also advertised a variety of water sports available to hotel guests but from what I can see, this was not true. The kayaks were beat up and sitting on shore and looked like they hadn't been touched and no one was in the vicinity of them to look as though they were renting/loaning them out.
The buffet breakfast was okay but got a bit repetitive. I did enjoy the Cabana Cafe on a whole though with the option of sitting in a cabana and having food delivered there. The lasagna was really good and all of the food was quite cheap in comparison to the drinks on the menu. There's also a little Malaysian restaurant across the street from the resort (hard to miss seeing as there's nothing else in the area) which has very cheap food and it's quite tasty...if you're not a clean freak - there were lots of flies and plastic crockery!
Geoffry, the trip planner, was also fabulous. He recommended some good trips but I would advise going with ANOTHER company for the Mount Kinabalu trip - I was very disappointed with the amount of wait time at other hotels/resorts waiting for guests, the overall amount of time actually spent at the mountain (which was LESS than 30 minutes), the condition of the bus was poor and we were passed by ALL other traffic up the mountain and the tour guide's English was poor all the while she talked about how we'd see the biggest flower in the world on the trip only to be told "it doesn't grow this time of year" when we got to the botanical gardens. VERY disappointing! I was given some compensation for this though and Geoffrey was very understanding of my complaints.
The resort is quite far from Kota Kinabalu city (about 30 minutes) but I didn't mind because I found the city to be dirty and a bit intimidating to try and explore on my own with locals coming up and talking to me everywhere. I went in once and had no desire to revisit. I was happy to stay in the secluded little paradise that Berringis Resort had to offer :)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo