Topics include Transportation, Malaysia: For Foreign Visitors & more!
This is a must for any visitor to JB. There isn't just one Pasar Malam (night market), they pop up in different locations on different days of the week. It's like a nomadic market. Don't plan to head there before 6pm, and go hungry because there's a lot of food! It is one of the best places to sample a huge variety of local cuisine on the go. There is one near Holiday Plaza (dated shopping centre) which takes place on Mondays, and another in Taman Pelangi, which is on a Tuesday. There's another Pasar Malam at Taman Johor Jaya which is about 25 minutes from the city, on Tuesdays. They are not sheltered so be prepared to bring an umbrella if the weather looks threatening.
Here's a summary of night markets in the Johor Bahru from various sources online:
- Jalan Seladang, Century Garden (opposite Plaza Pelangi)
- Others: Kg. Melayu; Kota Tinggi; Permas Jaya
- Jalan Perang (close to Leisure Mall), Taman Pelangi.
- Jalan Dedap, Taman Johor Jaya (Behind The Store)
- Jalan Anggerik, Taman Anggerik (near impian emas)
- Jalan Harmoni 1/1 (right in front of a open field), Taman Desa Harmoni (Next to Taman Molek)
- Others: Tmn Daya; Ungku Mohsin; Tmn Selesa Jaya; Plentong Baru.
- Taman Impian Emas (turn left at the 2nd traffic light junction if you are coming from Kempas)
- Puteri Wangsa
- Tun Aminah; Pasir Gudang; Jln.Nong Chik
- Seri Pandan; Taman Johor.