The cottage in real life was a good first impression, but went downhill after that. The bad soon appeared. Inside of badly fitting cupboards and drawers were dirty, gravy having been dropped in one of the drawers. Dirty plates stuck together, oven and microwave dirty, built in fridge had “water” in the bottom of it, and smelled bad. Kitchen tap not fixed and moving. No teapot or frying pan. Placemats and coasters dirty. Nice wood burner, or it would have been but for the fact the door had no catch and could not be even nearly closed. There is bad mould buildup in two of the showers, and the two upstairs bedrooms suffer from very badly creaking floors, not very nice to listen to this on the ground floor.
This could be an excellent rental, but is definitely suffering from lack of TLC. We regularly spend time in cottage rentals in Scotland, and I can say without doubt this is the worst we have stayed in, a great pity, it has made us think of our options in the future.