Get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life by escaping to this quiet 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom Guerneville vacation rental cottage with room to comfortably sleep 4 guests, nestled in a gorgeous forested setting and shaded by giant Redwood Trees.
California is famous for some of the most elegant forests in the world. The most prominent vegetation is the giant Redwoods, which are capable of living up to 2,000 years in age! Lucky for you, you’ll be encompassed by these majestic trees throughout your stay at this delightful Guerneville cottage. Look forward to basking in the serenity of the home’s incredible outdoor space, featuring a private front yard with Adirondack chair seating and a lovely back patio with table, chairs, and additional Adirondack seating. You’ll love unwinding on the property’s serene private deck with porch swing nestled under the shade of the mighty Redwoods, where you can take in the picturesque surrounding views of verdant forest, lush moss and a lot of greenery. The nights here are perfectly quiet and very dark, creating an ideal environment for spectacular stargazing!
You’ll feel a sense of instant euphoria upon entering the dwelling’s wonderfully inviting interior, adorned with roof-line ceilings in all rooms, skylights in the living room, and light, bright color schemes of cornflower yellow, orange, and darker robin’s egg blue in the bedroom. Interesting maps and posters garnish the walls, while a working wood-burning stove and baseboard heating provide further comfort. Nights are usually quite cool in this region - thanks to the dense tree canopy above, the house stays nice and cool during the warmer months, regardless of the heat outside.
All the amenities you want in your quintessential home-away-from-home are supplied at the cottage, including complimentary wireless internet access, an in-unit Maytag front-loading washer and dryer, and a large flat screen TV with cable and DVD player in the living room to appease your entertainment needs. After a thrilling day spent sightseeing or exploring the great outdoors, return back to prepare a delectable homemade meal in the cottage’s modern kitchen, fully equipped with sleek granite countertops, a microwave, food processor, toaster oven, 4-burner electric stove, refrigerator with freezer, plus all the necessary dishes and cookware. Dine while gazing at the phenomenal views of the Redwood Forest directly outside the window. Walk through the sliding glass door out to the stove-paver patio to further relish in the property’s immense natural beauty. This cottage offers a variety of terrific places to sit and relax indoors and out - it’s truly a great place to thoroughly de-stress!
Set in the heart of the Russian River area, this cottage is a short ways from fascinating, historic towns full of eateries, antiques, art and recreational opportunities. Guerneville is less than 1.5 miles away by bike, car or foot - it's a diverse, gay-friendly resort town with world-class dining; many of the eateries feature chefs from San Francisco, who have discovered Sonoma County's fresh, organic produce and the clean air of the Russian River. The first Friday of every month features an art-walk and gallery-walk. Famous and historic Johnson's Beach offers the perfect Russian River beach outing. Find out more at the tourist office on the town plaza, where during the summer, free concerts are a regular feature. Popular events include Women's Weekend, Lazy Bear, the Stumptown Parade and the Russian River Jazz Festival.
Visit the other towns beyond Guerneville on your way to the spectacular Pacific Coast, accessible in less than 14 miles by road, including Monte Rio, Duncan's Mills and Jenner. All of these towns provide varying degrees of river access, more recreation, delicious places to eat, and shopping - from funky to fabulous!
In Rio Nido itself, the Rio Nido Roadhouse offers drinks and dining, along with a pool. The Stumptown Brewery is close by, as is the Korbel Winery, at 0.75 miles away from the home. Pee-Wee Golf is a fun diversion during the summer. Other notable attractions close by include Sonoma Coast State Park just 14 miles away, Steelhead Beach 5 miles away, and Armstrong Woods State Park and Sunset Beach only 2 miles from the property. No matter how you choose to spend your time during your stay at this remarkable Guerneville vacation rental cottage, you’ll quickly find yourself counting down the days until you can visit again!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, complimentary wireless internet access, large flat screen TV with cable and DVD player, in-unit Maytag front-loading washer/dryer, working wood burning stove, baseboard heating, living room skylights, private stone-paver back patio, private front yard with Adirondack chair seating, and a private deck with porch swing nestled below the shade of the giant Redwoods
- Captivating wooded setting surrounded by peaceful views of the forest, a few other houses, and tons of lush greenery
- Fantastic location! Settled in the heart of the Russian River resort area just steps away from Rio Nido's Pee-Wee Golf, Lodge, the Roadhouse Bar and Grill, and pool
- Close proximity to Sonoma Coast State Park, Sunset Beach, Steelhead Beach, Stumptown Brewery, Guerneville, and numerous other exciting attractions!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- A Full-sized Collapsible Sleeper Sofa in the Living Room can accommodate 2 extra guests
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 dogs allowed, 50-pound weight limit, no cats)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Not suitable for children under the age of 6
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
Transient Occupancy Tax Certificate #2460N